Best way to clean a bowl?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by dean12345, Jul 17, 2012.

1. I just bought this little bowl a couple weeks ago and I have smoked quite a bit since. There is currently a bunch of resin and it just looks nasty. Anyone know a good and quick way to clean them?

2. Soak it in rubbing alcohol

3. ...what he said ^^^:smoke::wave:

4. Isopropyl Alcohol 70% or above.

If you want to buy a reusable product I would recommend Grunge Off.

5. I'd say get a 1 gallon freezer bag. The one that actually zips such would be ideal.

Place the piece in the bag.

Fill with Isopropyl Alcohol 70% + until the piece is covered.

Pour a great deal of salt into the bag. Honestly I eyeball it haha.

Let it soak and shake it up every now and then. 30 min - 1 hr and she'll be spotless.

6. i personally use this method except with 90% alcohol and the baggy from my last pick up, it works great, and you can let the resin dry and smoke it

7. [quote name='"angeltehbagel"']
    i personally use this method except with 90% alcohol and the baggy from my last pick up, it works great, and you can let the resin dry and smoke it[/quote]

Ummmm i dont think you should b smokin resin tht has just soaked in salt and 90% rubbin alcohol

8. [quote name='"Nursepants06"']

Ummmm i dont think you should b smokin resin tht has just soaked in salt and 90% rubbin alcohol[/quote]

Why? How is iso hash made?

9. Ya, you actually can smoke it. The alcohol all dries out as its 90% and If you leave it in a bowl the alcohol will evaporate and you can smoke what's in the bowl

10. I used to work at a Starbucks

We had this stuff called "Urnex" to clean the coffee urns.

It makes any bong or pipe look like brand new again.

Since I don't have the ability to steal it from Starbucks anymore, I just go out and buy "Coffee Machine Descaler"

The best part is it's totally non-toxic and evaporates quickly.

11. rubbing alcohol and epsom salt. You can use sea salt too but I think epsom is the best because it's more rough and crystal so it scratches the resin off better. I got the rubbing alcohol at cvs and the epsom salt was right next to it.

12. You can use a freezer bag and 91% ISO just as posted above, just let it soak for a few hours then dump the remaining brown liquid or evaporate in a glass dish and smoke the tar left over. Once your piece is clean make sure to rinse in water unless you like inhaling isopropyl fumes.

13. I put mine in a sandwich bag with 91% Iso and some salt( I use sea salt cause it's bigger and I have it at home) and just shake the bag trying get the salt in and out of piece

14. I personally use vodka instead of rubbing alcohol cause vodka doesn't taste shitty like rubbing alcohol :D

15. [quote name='"ajerome2013"']I personally use vodka instead of rubbing alcohol cause vodka doesn't taste shitty like rubbing alcohol :D[/quote]

Taste? You shouldn't be tasting the solvent you're cleaning your piece with at any time. Lol. Gotta rinse that shit throughly afterwards.

16. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

Taste? You shouldn't be tasting the solvent you're cleaning your piece with at any time. Lol. Gotta rinse that shit throughly afterwards.[/quote]

Yeaaah but I'm way to lazy! And Sheldon Cooper/The Big Bang Theory is the bomb!

17. [quote name='"ajerome2013"']

Yeaaah but I'm way to lazy! And Sheldon Cooper/The Big Bang Theory is the bomb![/quote]

To lazy to run water through bong ?????

18. [quote name='"CaliBudE"']

To lazy to run water through bong ?????[/quote]

No...too lazy to run water through a bowl! Bit of a difference there :p

19. [quote name='"ajerome2013"']

Yeaaah but I'm way to lazy! And Sheldon Cooper/The Big Bang Theory is the bomb![/quote]

Ha it doesn't take long. And I wouldn't wanna be inhaling alcohol vapors. Terrible for your lungs. And your body in general.

And glad you're a fan. Awesome show I agree. Obviously :p