best water

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by montaze18, Apr 30, 2008.

1. whats the best thing i can do to the tap water i am usin to water or is there a better kind of water i can buy? spring water maybe? collect natural rain water maytbe? its somethin i don't see to much about and im sure there is somethin better than tap water i can use

2. You can either test the tap water's pH to get a better idea or,
    Purchase distilled water (my personal favorite)
    People seem to love mountain spring water, (as long as you know its true)
    A lot of people collect rain water and use it with good results too, but I believe most rain is a little higher in acid.

3. I use distilled water also, but if you decide to use tap you should let it stand uncovered for about a day, which supposedly helps to eliminate harmful compounds dissolved in it.

4. The best thing to do with your water is to filter it via RO. Or you could buy it like you suggested. And supposedly letting the water sit for 24 hours will let some of the chlorine evaporate but it won't due much for the other contaminants in your water.

5. I use rain water and it works pretty good...

6. You have to be careful or rainwater though, depending on where you live. If you live in a big city, or near an industrial district, there's a significant chance that the rainwater can be contaminated with all kinds of things that you won't want in your plants. That being said, a lot of people have had success with it and so it's definitely worth a shot if you want to set out some buckets.

7. if it were a little less expensive id use Fiji Water

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. Filtered water like an R/O system works great. Plants just eat it up! imo the best way to water your plants!

9. an australian tip ive been hearing from alot of established growers is funnily enough tea water ... as in like tea bag water .... apparently its excellent for plants but then again it may be to do with australian water....