best water pipe for me?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Ghostwarlock12, May 5, 2013.

1. so here's the thing I've smoked out of papers, blunts, water pipes, glass pipes, you name it I've tried it. I prefer Water pipes over anything else BUT, the one that I have is way to harsh on the lungs. now from what people tell me they say that getting a water pipe with percolators is the best on the lungs. is this true?

2. Yump nd if you wanna go even easier on them Vape! That's truly the healthiest way. Nd make sure to buy a bong with an ice catcher, your lungs nd throat will thank you! Haha

3. cool. so what would you recommend as far as that. I've been looking at Illadelph roor and zob but they are crazy expensive. but lmk.

4. One thing about water pipes is that you've gotta watch out with how large of a hit you're taking. A huge hit out of a water pipe can be just as harsh or even more harsh than a small hit out of a spoon, for instance.
    It's filtered, so you hit it harder, so it can sometimes be harsher overall. :p

A water pipe with percolators will most likely be smoother for you. But for me, that's a combination of the fact that it's filtered better, and the fact that less drag means I'm not accidentally taking a larger hit than I meant to, which also helps to make it less harsh.

...does that even make sense? I'm pretty ripped. :laughing:

5. Well you get what you pay for so I'd definitely save a couple hundred to buy a nice decent one. Some may be cheaper but the glass is thinner nd you run a higher risk of breaking it.

6. True.
    Though I'd recommend against spending a lot of money on a very nice bubbler if you still live with your parents and there's a risk of them catching you and breaking your pieces, if you live in a dorm where you might get caught, or if you tend to smoke with a lot of people who may be somewhat clumsy. :p

A $200 piece is nice to have, but it's not so nice when it gets broken.

I have two Black Leaf bubblers (an 8-arm tree perc and an inline) that were less than $90 a piece and work fantastically. Had them for over a year now and I'm very careful with my glass so breakage has not been a problem thus far. :smoking:

7. everything makes sense and of course I understand that the lager the hit the more harsher its going to be. but the bong that I have right now is harsh period. how matter how big or small of a hit I take. seems that once I'm blazed is when I can take good hits but even then I still feel its too harsh. this is why I need advice on the best most smoothest bong to smoke out of.

8. lol no Im a married man and have my own place not scared of "getting caught" by anyone. and I've actually been looking at black leaf for a while and Im thinking about getting one. so I might just get one because overall people seem to like them as a bong and for the price also.

9. You might have better luck with a percolated bong. What style of bong do you have now? I've actually found that for me, bubble bottoms deliver a more harsh hit because of the added drag (at least with the pieces I've had). I prefer straight tubes.

People will talk a lot of shit about "china glass" on here, but for me, I don't have a lot of money to spend, especially not on something that is breakable, so brands like Black Leaf and Weedstar offer functionality with an affordable price.
    It's true that they are definitely lower quality and it's more likely to break, but if you're a very careful person, then it probably won't ever be a problem.

It all comes down to personal preference. Some people want to pay more for higher quality, I just want something that'll hit decent and cost as little as possible. :laughing:

10. #10 Ghostwarlock12, May 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2013

this is the one that I was thinking about getting
    Black Leaf - ELITE Cylinder 6-arm Perc Tube with Carb Hole - Grasscity.com

and here is the bong that I use now.
    Photo by ghostwarlock12 • Instagram
    dont judge me it was a super cheap bong and I bought it for the price. ^_^

I might end up getting that bong this weekend just wish I didnt have to wait for it to get shipped to me :( but oh well I guess I can still smoke out of my wraps or bong while I wait for it to get to me.

dont get me wrong I love smoking out of the one I have now but honestly I dont like the harshness that I get from it. I like to smoke smoothly. I would smoke out of a wrap all the time but I dont like to use so much weed in just that bongs just a tiny bit and you are feeling RIPPED x10

oh and by any chance do you know what the "carb hole" is for?

11. It means the pipe doesn't have a slide and that you have to cover up the carb like on a bowl and release it to clear the chamber

12. okay cool. thanks!