Best water for watering the plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by apogee91, Aug 3, 2011.

1. This is what I use: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Pharmaceuticals-52C-Super-Strength-Conditioner/dp/B004LO9KSY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315922434&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Aquarium Pharmaceuticals 52C Super-Strength Tap Water Conditioner, 16 oz. Bottle: Pet Supplies[/ame]
    I just started using them. I did a ton of researching on this and a lot of people use them for pot plants. If they are safe enough for sensitive exotic fish, I think a plant will survive. I just stopped using RO a couple of weeks ago. It was a slow, a nuisance and expensive. I have 190ppm tap that smells like a swimming pool. I'm just using the drops and ph adjuster and everything is great so far. An added bonus, I don't have to use Cal-Mag anymore.

2. And I'm sorry, I'll go back to using RO before I start leaving my water out, lol. I want my water when I want it, not after it's had a beauty rest.

3. Pls give us a feedback after sometime when using that stuff....cheers

4. Poland spring water from Maine

The ponds and steams they get it from ph is the perfect ranges for plants

5. I have used tap water up until last 2 weeks until harvest. and thats where i use distilled wadda (water) lol

6. I used Poland Spring and Deer Park. I've also grabbed Poland Spring distilled water. My entire grow has worked out well and the water comes pretty neutral.

7. I've had great results with a 5-stage RO system. After running a ton of water through it, I noticed ds going up and salt problems. Now I have a 6-stage that takes my crappy 300+ tap water down to 2. As an added bonus, the sixth stage is basically a second final filter. One line to the ladies, one in the kitchen sink for making clear ice and quenching thirsty pets. For under $100 you get a system rated at 150gpd.

8. hi guys. first off, thanks for all the info. it makes it easier on noobs like me! im about to begin my very first grow and the only concern i have right now is the water quality. i have well water and that stuff looks nasty and smells like nothing but rust. the color is brown and there's always dirt and crap in it. i took it to a water treatment center to be tested and these are the results:

IRON: 5ppm
    PH: 5.8
    Hardness: 11 (im guessing 11 grains per litre)
    TDS: 33ppm.

is this as bad as the guy made it sound? also i have a 3 stage RO system but i havent installed it yet. The dude told me that if i wanted good water its gonna cost me around 4-5 grand and that RO ISNT going to solve ANY of my problems. HELP!! can i do anything to lessen the hardness? or em i gonna have to stick it out with bottled water?

again thanks for everything you guys post!!

9. i am having a problem with the plants they all of a sudden and all of them at the same time have great green leaves at top BUT all new leaves from the bottom are all yellow and a few of them have grown yellow and then dried out and are falling off i have been watering them about once a week as it appears that this is fine but what could cause this and how do i fix it they are young 2 weeks old and tops are all very healthy i havent given them any fert but plan on grabbing 7:9:5 but i think its more than the fert b/c they were planted with miracle grow which has some initial food anyway any ideas?

10. and another questio. not related to the grow but i cant find where i post only reply and i want to enclose a picture so ppl can give me the appropriate advise! thx

11. I use tap...I evaporate the chlorine out and distill it over night. If your water smells like a pool.....let it sit for a day or 2 and it'll be fine.

12. rain water is best but i use tap water its not the best i dont store rain water if you can leave a bucket or barrel outside cover it with cloth so only water gets through and its free from bugs but other than that use tap water store it till its at room temperature to avoid shocking your plants with freezing cold water.

13. About how much calcium is in typical tap water? Will adding calmag cause an overdose?