Best video game console?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Blazed Buckeye, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Yo guys, sometimes I get a little bit tired of just playing all of the new game on my xbox. I'm looking for a good throwback console I can play when super stoned :smoke:. As far as old consoles go, I have a Nintendo 64, and Super Nintendo, so if you guys have any sick games for those I'd definitely appreciate any recommendations. But if you know of a better old console let me know!

Thanks blades

2. Donkey Kong and Super Marios Bros on super nintendo completed my childhood. I also played mad paperboy and xmen.

For super nintendo super smash bros is awesome when high but better with other people.

3. Nintendo 64 is my favorite console hands down. Nothing comes close IMO

4. Original Xbox has a bunch of bad ass games and there super cheap

5. SNES, N64, Sega Genesis. Or gameboy...

6. SNES has all the best games

Donkey Kong Country
    Mega Man X
    A Link To The Past
    Super Metroid
    Super Mario World
    Yoshi's Island
    Kirby Super Star
    Street Fighter II
    Chrono Trigger
    Secret of Mana
    Earthbound
    Turtles In Time
    Contra
    Wild Guns
    Sunset Riders
    Super Castlevania

It's impossible to ever become bored with a snes.

7. Thanks a lot guys. Prolly gonna bust out the '64 and the SNES. I already have a lot of the popular games like mario party, mario kart, donkey kong '64 etc. I'll definitely check out the games you recommended though! Again, thanks a lot!

8. Sega Genesis.

They had a ton of great games...some of my favorites:

Sonic
    Street Fighter
    Streets of Rage
    Zombies ate my neighbors
    The Lost Vikings
    Quackshot
    Tecmo Bowl '93
    Battletoads
    Golden Axe
    Mortal Kombat

9. From childhood to now, my original.Xbox was the shiiiiiiiit!

With XBL being mainly on the 360 tho now, id have to say nes or Snes.

10. Super Nintendo, I think. That or Sega Genesis.

11. you already now

[​IMG]

original super smash bros

super mario 64

ocarina of time

majoras mask

star fox 64

to name a few of the greatest games of all time

12. PC. Runs emulators, up to date games and is 100% customizable in terms of hardware and software. :)

13. Can't believe no one has said the best system yet....

Dreamcast.

Thank me later.

14. That isn't a console.....Plus that costs way more then getting an old console system.

15. A PC is a console and it plays video games, so it's a video game console. Video Game Consoles are nothing more than watered down PC's that aren't upgrade-able. I don't see how prices affect what is/isn't a console.

PC is definitely the best console in all aspects except price.

Xbox and Playstation are holding gaming back.

16. #16 King of Kings, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
    [quote name='"l Palm trees l"']

A PC is a console and it plays video games, so it's a video game console. Video Game Consoles are nothing more than watered down PC's that aren't upgrade-able. I don't see how prices affect what is/isn't a console.

PC is definitely the best console in all aspects except price.

Xbox and Playstation are holding gaming back.[/quote]

Meh pc gamers who cant accept thier fav games dont sell any on pc is holding back gaming.

Sega gen, n64, snes. No preference on order

Pc mag knows the game that is making money sold 8.4ml units month 1.
    5mil on the 360, 3 mil on ps3, a meager 1 mil on pc.
    Say what u want that speaks vollumes on where developers will put thier time. Plus we know how much game devs listen to us gamers so crying for pc games wont help. Buying more will
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2374227,00.asp

17. I think even still my favorite games are Mario All Stars (1,2,3), Super Mario World, Donkey Kong, Zombies Ate My Neighbors!!!

18. Someone's mad because they don't have a nice pc.

"I have a horse and so does a lot of other people, therefore horses are better than cars."

19. I was in your same position bro I ended up getting a N64 off ebay a couple weeks ago for a good deal and a bunch of throwback games i loved back in the day. DK 64, banjo kazooie, banjo tooie, mario 64, super smash, mario cart. It was def. worth it to grab it.

20. #20 King of Kings, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
    [quote name='"l Palm trees l"']

Someone's mad because they don't have a nice pc.

"I have a horse and so does a lot of other people, therefore horses are better than cars."[/quote]

ur right, I sold it.
    I never said consoles are better power wise but they are for the anti loner gamer crowd. Now if u wanna post a console fine, wanna post some numbers to prove pc gaming still even matters to any dev besides blizzard and valve.
    Sounds more like ur bitter time is leaving you in 2004 when good games were released on pc and the online community was strong.
    Now 90% of pc users main concern is facebook.
    10 years ago a chromebook would be a joke. Now its,direct competition, tell me thats not proof ultra pwerfull pc gaming is fading away, hell I can at least admit the next gen will prob b the last and windows 8 will cripple ur gaming dreams

http://www.1up.com/news/gaming-14-2007-sales pc gamingns been on life support for years.