Best vegging light for seeds

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by apex100, Mar 22, 2012.

1. what would be the best light to veg plants i already have a 400whps but i want to start them under the best posible light. i have a tent 1.2x1.2x2.0 i been looking at the light strips are these any good ?

2. You can upgrade your lamp with a quality enhanced spectrum bulb that could perform very well in all stages of growth. The GE Lucalox PSL/XO is what I'd call the "best possible light" for any indoor plants in almost any stage of growth..

While they'll grow at least as well under a good vegging HID lamp at the right distance, it's safer for germinated seeds to be started under fluorescents. Once they've grown their first single bladed leaves and are moved from their inert seed-starter medium into larger containers of nutritious soil, they'd have a much lower chance of problems under an HID.

You didn't say what type of measurement those figures represent; meters, feet, miles, etc.

3. Apex: You might like T-5's for veg. You can hang them close to your plants with little chance of burning them. I use them from sprouting to harvest because they're easy on the electric bill.
    If you do decide to try T-5's make sure you gt a big enough fixture to completely cover your grow. I hope that helps. Hank

4. You can use T-5's, as well as 6500k cfls during veg, and if you so wish 2700's in conjunction with your 400w HPS during flowering to light undergrowth/sides. But as they say, to each his own.

5. what t5 would i need for my tent then ? i will be doing 4 plants

6. As per Hank ..get 2 T5 racks 4 feet long (1.2m) total 4 tubes hang on chains
    adjust accordingly every day at watering time....easy!

"V"