Best Vaporizers For Dry Herbs?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by tzus86, Jul 6, 2014.

1. I'm looking into buying a new vaporizer to use exclusively with dry herb. I had a V-tower for a few years but it no longer works. Any success with portable devices for dry herb, or should I stick with desktop? Is there any reason to get a portable vape if I plan to mostly use it at home? My interest in vaping is mainly to take the place of smoking, not for discreetness.
    Any suggestions very much appreciated! :)   

2. #3 TokinMMA, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
    There are plenty of portables that hit hard. The Solo, Pinnacle Pro, Pax, etc. The heaviest hitters will always be desktop. If you plan on vaping mostly at home, I don't see a reason not to go with a desktop. I sold all of my portables when I found I was mostly vaping at home.

There are a lot of dry herb desktops to look at. What is your price range and preference in delivery (as in bag, whip, glass, etc)?

3. #4 led grower 420, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
    The solo is reliable but not particularly impressive compared to a desktop and not very easily portable, with 2 screens to keep the herb from being unevenly cooked on the part touching the metal it becomes better, if you vape a lot you should get both, you will save more money over time from vaping less cannabis, for desktop, the herbalaire h2.2 is super reliable and probably the best for the price IMO ($160), I have spilled bong water all inside it, dropped it like 50+ times, still working fine

4. The Herbie is a great vape but if you want to forgo a plastic bag and silicone whip, and would prefer a vape that has an all glass air and vapor path, you may want to also check out the Vapolution 2.0 at around 100 bucks.

5. I don't really have a preference for method of delivery, I was hoping to spend less than $200 for something fairly good and basic.
    Thank you for the advice!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

Really?    The delivery method is one of the biggest differences in how one experiences a vaporizer and that pertains to just about every aspect of vaporization.

7. Take a breath, or vape... hahaha...

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I primarily used the whip attachment on the vape I had, and then the fan stopped working on it so I couldn't use the bag anymore anyway. It's been a few years since I've used either, but I may stick with a whip because it's more familiar, although I like that some have the option to do either.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

9. It sounds like the Arizer Solo is exactly what you are looking for! Its portable enough to take around the house(not so much in public), and pretty much has the best performance of any portable vaporizer. In terms of desktop vaporizers, I think you should check out the Extreme Q(Same company that makes the Solo), or the Silver Surfer.

10. #11 POTatato Head, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    Just my opinion but my hammer and ascent are definitely quite a bit better performance wise than my solo. The solo is a middle of the road vaporizer and while it can produce good thick vapor It is a pain to do so.

11. If you can afford it, get a Volcano. You absolutely cannot go wrong with one of these.

If you are looking for portable the Magic Flight Launch Box is the best I have seen, it has a lifetime warranty, if you step on it just send it back and they will replace it free of charge. Once you get the hang of it you can get a consistent vape going and its quite pleasant.

How can you possibly make that statement.   I HATE sucking on a plastic bag to get my vapor, so for me, it would be the wrong choice, as it could be for someone else.

Simply my opinion. In your case a portable would be good or a whip based vape.

14. #15 lwien, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014

It would, eh?.   I hate sucking on a plastic/silicone whip as much as I hate sucking on plastic bags.   And why would I want to use a portable if all of my vaping is done at home.  (why do I feel like a cat playing with a mouse?)

Ok, I'm being kinda mean.    Sorry............