Best vaporizer for snowboarding

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by B0B Marley, Jul 31, 2012.

1. The DaVinci would last long enough IMO and you can use on the charger when you're not boarding and you dont have to worry about breaking the stem and its digital and there's a nice little storage compartment:D

And yes I know, major run on sentence

2. I would just get a chillum if I were you, that's what I use when I want to smoke when im snowboarding. I feel like it'd be a bitch to vape on the mountain

3. pax by ploom, the solo's glass stems seem like a hassle for snowboarding

4. Another no vote for the mflb on the slopes. I tried to make this work a few times last winter, and I just wasn't satisfied. except on the 50*F plus days. Bring it along for the parking lot sessions though.

I've had great success (and some fun and adventures) with my Iolite while skiing. Once loaded and fueled, you can totally operate/use it with out ever taking your gloves off. However, I'm an EC skier, and I wouldn't travel West with it so, no altitude worries for me.

5. Right now your best options on the market are the Da Vinci and the PAX for snowboarding, the Arizer Solo's glass stems are just too risky IMO.

I personally love my DV, I got one of the "mystery vapor" units, but my logic has told me that anything that starts out looking like it's smoking then after 3 burn off runs that "smoke" is essentially invisible except with a flashlight then it's most likely nothing harmful, more than likely it is the rubber curing so I've continued to enjoy mine, but there is always the option of having it replaced by the company if you're more paranoid than myself.

I'd recommend a DV but that's only cause it's more versatile for stuff like vape bonging than the PAX IMO.

6. [quote name='"flyershockey44"']I would just get a chillum if I were you, that's what I use when I want to smoke when im snowboarding. I feel like it'd be a bitch to vape on the mountain[/quote]

That is what I said on like the 5th post. Why try and make it so difficult on your self. Want a Vape hit go back to the car and rip the volcano.

7. So many flaws with this. On any larger mountain going back to your car to smoke is just a pain in the ass straight up, it's much more convenient to just stay up there.

As far as a chillum or pipe goes, with those you have to deal with actually loading them, and then trying to LIGHT THEM WITH FIRE AT HIGH ALTITUDES IN LIKELY WINDY CONDITIONS!

Yeah, vape seems like a better idea now doesn't it? Actually, that last point is where the Da Vinci specifically shines, with it's extra storage chamber you can go 3 sessions without having to pull out your baggie of pre-ground weed.

I just vape bonged for the first time literally like an hour ago, only through a makeshift water bottle one though, and even the waterbottle one fucked me up.

8. just fishbowl the gondala with j's

9. [quote name='"sektr"']

So many flaws with this. On any larger mountain going back to your car to smoke is just a pain in the ass straight up, it's much more convenient to just stay up there.

As far as a chillum or pipe goes, with those you have to deal with actually loading them, and then trying to LIGHT THEM WITH FIRE AT HIGH ALTITUDES IN LIKELY WINDY CONDITIONS!

Yeah, vape seems like a better idea now doesn't it? Actually, that last point is where the Da Vinci specifically shines, with it's extra storage chamber you can go 3 sessions without having to pull out your baggie of pre-ground weed.

I just vape bonged for the first time literally like an hour ago, only through a makeshift water bottle one though, and even the waterbottle one fucked me up.[/quote]

This ^^^

10. [quote name='"sektr"']

So many flaws with this. On any larger mountain going back to your car to smoke is just a pain in the ass straight up, it's much more convenient to just stay up there.

I just vape bonged for the first time literally like an hour ago, only through a makeshift water bottle one though, and even the waterbottle one fucked me up.[/quote]

If U have any smoking skills or been
    On the slopes for a while it takes a chillum and a zippo. Pull off to the side of a run burn down. It's that simple

11. Orrr instead of blatantly doing something illegal on the hill with lots of young children around, you could subtly vape. And save large amounts of weed at the same time.

Again, sounds like a better idea to me.

12. Well in my state it's not illegal. And if u are ridding a mountain where u cant go off trail not to be seen its time to start ridding a bigger mountain. U think some cant tell u are smoking on a lift. Sure.
    We also have stash cabins out in our mountains where people leave there bongs and pipes and vapes so no need to worry about packing any thing but tree

13. Nope...Chillum is still a better idea, just put in in your jacket sleeve and light with your hand in there and KABOOM no wind. I have ridden at a lot of mountains and its never THAT much of a bitch to get back to your car, specially if you wanted to have a nice chill vape sesh. And by the way, you're not spossed to filter your vapor through water:p

14. I gotta wave the BS flag at that part. Go into any bar in any ski town at happy hour and you will find parents who bring their children there. :smoke:

15. sometime I forget I'm snowboarding :)

16. I wouldn't feel safe skiing high, driving on the highway in the safety of a car still makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack, I can't imagine what it must be like rushing down a hill at full speed, wearing nothing but a helmet and ski gear.

17. [quote name='"pliers"']I wouldn't feel safe skiing high, driving on the highway in the safety of a car still makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack, I can't imagine what it must be like rushing down a hill at full speed, wearing nothing but a helmet and ski gear.[/quote]

It's a must.

18. I'm so clumsy, I'd probably break something lol.

19. [quote name='"flyershockey44"']

Nope...Chillum is still a better idea, just put in in your jacket sleeve and light with your hand in there and KABOOM no wind. I have ridden at a lot of mountains and its never THAT much of a bitch to get back to your car, specially if you wanted to have a nice chill vape sesh. And by the way, you're not spossed to filter your vapor through water:p[/quote]

Where did you hear you're not supposed to vaporbong? I have the original iolite and other than taking a couple extra clicks to ignite it functions pretty well compared to the amount of use and abuse ive given it. Theyre also cheaper now due to the new whisprs. I would just check the altitude of the mtn you're skiing first and that it isnt too high for the butane.

20. [quote name='"pliers"']

I'm so clumsy, I'd probably break something lol.[/quote]

I can see that. I skied when I was young and have been boarding for over 10 years with 65+ days of riding a year. It's like walking for me now.