Best vaporizer for snowboarding

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by B0B Marley, Jul 31, 2012.

1. [quote name='"EJG"']The MFLB batteries are only a pain in the ass if you dont buy spare batteries. For $30 I bought 20 rechargeable batteries from Costco and they come with plastic containers for them. Get 2 four battery chargers and just cycle your batteries. Once you learn how to pull the MFLB and how to control the temperature, you will be a master at the box.[/quote]

Everything about the box sounds perfect the price portability just those batteries but if I go through a couple trenches with me and my buds I dont wanna run out of batteries by the end of the night

2. Anyone have a view on the Puffit vaporizer? Looks like an inhaler small no battery anyone have a review on it?

3. You realize the Da Vinci is nothing like the MFLB right? It's FAR superior, coming from someone who owns both, there's really no comparison.

The DV has better battery life and options, gives WAY bigger hits (I've had to check if I was combusting because it looked like smoke many times), and is still almost as portable, and easily concealed in public.

The LB only wins in taste and stealth, barely in stealth.

I had a rep from a certain well regarded online store tell me the DV was everyone on staff's main vape and that in their opinions the Solo was the only that compared but was no good for on the go use.

So I think that says something.

4. I love the MFLB, but DO NOT get it for snowboarding. wetness and wood is a biiiig no no. Trust me, I'm canadian ;D

5. [quote name='"sektr"']

You realize the Da Vinci is nothing like the MFLB right? It's FAR superior, coming from someone who owns both, there's really no comparison.

The DV has better battery life and options, gives WAY bigger hits (I've had to check if I was combusting because it looked like smoke many times), and is still almost as portable, and easily concealed in public.

The LB only wins in taste and stealth, barely in stealth.

I had a rep from a certain well regarded online store tell me the DV was everyone on staff's main vape and that in their opinions the Solo was the only that compared but was no good for on the go use.

So I think that says something.[/quote]

How long is the battery life on the DV? Can you list some pros and cons?

6. I've only come across some joker who tried to sell me a gram of pressed kief he obviously made in his press at home and he wanted $45 and I said get lost.

I've never come across a dealer with hash or oils myself either. Out of all the hash and concentrates I've ever smoked I've made myself.

QWISO is super easy, BHO even easier though people are afraid of the unknown before doing it plus requires a BHO tube. Glycerine tinctures can be made at home easy.

Anyway, with the oil pens out of the way, since size doesn't matter if it's not on you I still say consider the Solo. It's like a desktop and the battery life is pretty serious - about 4 hours a 2 hour charge I believe off the top of my head - since you don't want the battery life of the Da Vinci. Hits like my SSV. Then you can buy a wooden stem do glass isn't a concern. You can even hold it in a cup and vape like you were drinking.

Win!

My other vote is the Pax Ploom

7. [quote name='"Rasta Haze"']

I've only come across some joker who tried to sell me a gram of pressed kief he obviously made in his press at home and he wanted $45 and I said get lost.

I've never come across a dealer with hash or oils myself either. Out of all the hash and concentrates I've ever smoked I've made myself.

QWISO is super easy, BHO even easier though people are afraid of the unknown before doing it plus requires a BHO tube. Glycerine tinctures can be made at home easy.

Anyway, with the oil pens out of the way, since size doesn't matter if it's not on you I still say consider the Solo. It's like a desktop and the battery life is pretty serious - about 4 hours a 2 hour charge I believe off the top of my head - since you don't want the battery life of the Da Vinci. Hits like my SSV. Then you can buy a wooden stem do glass isn't a concern. You can even hold it in a cup and vape like you were drinking.

Win!

My other vote is the Pax Ploom[/quote]

Starting to lean towards the solo. Anyone know the cheapest place to get it?

8. Right Here - Amazon

I bought one for my mom back in April and they were MSRP'ing in shops around $220-250

I got mine at my LHS for $230 because I absolutely needed it by the next day for my flight to Arizona. It was my belated Christmas gift. (lol then it fell of my bike). Fuck my life.

But anyway I knew they were going for $175 at their cheapest online.

Now a few months later it's $154 shipped :eek:

The answer is clear :smoke: you won't be disappointed.

9. I got the MFLB and I love it. I've not gotten to use it a lot yet, but it would be perfect for boarding, for a few reasons:

Super portable: It's tiny and very discrete. Just looks like a little phone or block of wood. Nobody would think anything and it's small enough to fit in your front pocket.

Super stealth: As mentioned above, it's not very obvious what it is, and it doesn't smell very much if used properly.

Batteries: Healthier than butane, and for $12 USD you can pick up 4 extra Powerex 2700 mAh batteries and just keep those charged in your pocket. Those plus the 2 that the box comes with will be more than enough for one day, in my opinion (but could different depending on your tolerance). I can get more than 1 trench off a battery and the box is very awesome because it heats up so fast and actually vapes nicely for a portable.

Accessories: You can use it native, meaning without the provided draw stem, in order to be very stealthy about it, or you can use the stem if you want. Both ways are very easy and very pleasurable. The bud tastes great and gets me vaked.

Conservation: This thing only takes a tiny amount of weed to release a large amount of vapor, in my experience. It works very well for me and I only have to use maybe 1/2 of what I would need to smoke to get the same high, AT THE MOST. The best part is that you can re-use the ABV (Already Been Vaped) bud to make edibles or even hash if it suits you.

Durability/warranty: This thing is built like a tank. It's an absolute monster made out of wood and plexiglass with very little chance of it breaking if you fall on a rail and land on it, if you just sit down on it, or if it gets stuffed in a bag. The thing that makes it really amazing is an almost unlimited lifetime warranty that also covers user error. So if you take a shit on it and then hit it with a hammer, you've covered. If you fill the trench with peanut butter and give it to your dog, you'd be good. Obviously I don't recommend those actions, but they are just an example of how great that company and warranty is.

Overall, I really love mine and for the price (75 on Amazon with full accessories, plus 15 or so for the 4 Powerex 2700 batteries) you can't go wrong.

By no means is this the end-all to your search. This is just my preference to use when out and about for the reasons mentioned above, and then some more misc reasons. Definitely take advice from these other guys and research all your options and think aout your choice. It's not by any means a small purchase (for me at least) but in my opinion, it was worth it for me. Best of luck and enjoy your time on the slopes.

10. [quote name='"TheTruthIsrael"']I got the MFLB and I love it. I've not gotten to use it a lot yet, but it would be perfect for boarding, for a few reasons:

Super portable: It's tiny and very discrete. Just looks like a little phone or block of wood. Nobody would think anything and it's small enough to fit in your front pocket.

Super stealth: As mentioned above, it's not very obvious what it is, and it doesn't smell very much if used properly.

Batteries: Healthier than butane, and for $12 USD you can pick up 4 extra Powerex 2700 mAh batteries and just keep those charged in your pocket. Those plus the 2 that the box comes with will be more than enough for one day, in my opinion (but could different depending on your tolerance). I can get more than 1 trench off a battery and the box is very awesome because it heats up so fast and actually vapes nicely for a portable.

Accessories: You can use it native, meaning without the provided draw stem, in order to be very stealthy about it, or you can use the stem if you want. Both ways are very easy and very pleasurable. The bud tastes great and gets me vaked.

Conservation: This thing only takes a tiny amount of weed to release a large amount of vapor, in my experience. It works very well for me and I only have to use maybe 1/2 of what I would need to smoke to get the same high, AT THE MOST. The best part is that you can re-use the ABV (Already Been Vaped) bud to make edibles or even hash if it suits you.

Durability/warranty: This thing is built like a tank. It's an absolute monster made out of wood and plexiglass with very little chance of it breaking if you fall on a rail and land on it, if you just sit down on it, or if it gets stuffed in a bag. The thing that makes it really amazing is an almost unlimited lifetime warranty that also covers user error. So if you take a shit on it and then hit it with a hammer, you've covered. If you fill the trench with peanut butter and give it to your dog, you'd be good. Obviously I don't recommend those actions, but they are just an example of how great that company and warranty is.

Overall, I really love mine and for the price (75 on Amazon with full accessories, plus 15 or so for the 4 Powerex 2700 batteries) you can't go wrong.

By no means is this the end-all to your search. This is just my preference to use when out and about for the reasons mentioned above, and then some more misc reasons. Definitely take advice from these other guys and research all your options and think aout your choice. It's not by any means a small purchase (for me at least) but in my opinion, it was worth it for me. Best of luck and enjoy your time on the slopes.[/quote]

Great review but I plan on using this with multiple friends at a time. I'm looking into the Puffit anyone have an opion on it?

11. I've heard that the puffit let's off a strong plastic taste but they might've fixed it and the puffit doesnt seem like something for group sheshs

12. I've seen/heard great things about the pax it holds a good charge has great vapor production just something else to look into.

13. Dude, go to FC, there is a ton of great information about all these vapes.

14. I would go with a SOLO, i ski a lot during the winter but i haven't been able to bring the solo to the mountain because i just bought it this summer. I see no problem bringing it on the slopes, its really not THAT big. Will fit fine in your baggy snowboarding pants. Bring that and 2 pre-loaded glass tubes with you and smoke. But i would recommend taking that shit off you if your trying some tricks.

Solo produces so much more vapor than the MFLB, plus like someone else said, you dont want to get that wood wet. It would be a pain to use because of the battery and stirring the trench etc. with your thick ass gloves on unless you want your fingers to freeze. For the solo its just 1. Turn on 2. Put weed filled stem in 3. Smoke.

15. i ski and my mflb was perfect this year for those gondola rides and stuff. just whip it out push the battery in heats up in 5 seconds and get baked. it'll only work for 2 people max tho out on the mountain cause the batterys die quicker when they are cold.

16. [quote name='"Tamataz"']I would go with a SOLO, i ski a lot during the winter but i haven't been able to bring the solo to the mountain because i just bought it this summer. I see no problem bringing it on the slopes, its really not THAT big. Will fit fine in your baggy snowboarding pants. Bring that and 2 pre-loaded glass tubes with you and smoke. But i would recommend taking that shit off you if your trying some tricks.

Solo produces so much more vapor than the MFLB, plus like someone else said, you dont want to get that wood wet. It would be a pain to use because of the battery and stirring the trench etc. with your thick ass gloves on unless you want your fingers to freeze. For the solo its just 1. Turn on 2. Put weed filled stem in 3. Smoke.[/quote]

I think its down to the solo,da Vinci, and puffit

17. [quote name='"Greatbud"']I've heard that the puffit let's off a strong plastic taste but they might've fixed it and the puffit doesnt seem like something for group sheshs[/quote]

From what I've heard its only the first couple sessions. And yeah I can see that

18. There is a video on youtube of a guy using a davinci vaporizer on a ski lift. I've never had the chance to use mine on a ski lift or while snowboarding (yet).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XXye-7Bzw8]The DaVinci Portable Vaporizer Being Used On A Ski Lift - YouTube[/ame]

19. [quote name='"xivyx420"']There is a video on youtube of a guy using a davinci vaporizer on a ski lift. I've never had the chance to use mine on a ski lift or while snowboarding (yet).

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XXye-7Bzw8[/quote]

Saw that video either da Vinci or arizer I'm leaning towards the arizer just cause of the batter life any one know like a pouch I would be able to keep it in?

20. You could easily buy a camera pouch to store everything in.

The Solo isn't that big, you could easily put it in a modified soda can