Best Vape for the Buck?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by aw69, Aug 15, 2012.

1. I think I'm leaning more towards the Ssv it's just that I've had those shitty 50 dollar whip vapes before and the herb always fell out of the piece and it didn't give good hits. Are they much different than the 50 dollar whip ones? And this is a stupid question but im totally new to vapes is it a convention vape?

2. You have no idea. Its like comparing a shitty little plastic bong to a huge expensive piece worth hundreds of dollars.

It's a world of difference, and the SSV gets you SO high and its so easy to use.

3. The SSV is probably the best vape around, especially for the money. I don't know the dimensions but it looks like it'd fit in your safe (you might have to stash the other parts elsewhere though).

Underdog vapes are TINY and are absolute monsters. They're the size of portables but they aren't portable, they're wood though so they aren't as fancy as other vapes.

You could also consider a portable like the Solo, Da Vinci or PAX. The PAX would be the most stealth while the other two would get you higher, but you'd probably wanna stick a towel under the door if you're not just lying in your bed while using the other two as they smell more.

Just in case I'd recommend opening windows, turning on a fan and putting a towel under the door whenever using a vape as they do still smell it just lasts for less time and is less strong.

4. Ok so with all the info you guys have given me and the research I've done I think the SSV is the way to go. Now can anyone tell me what to get with it that makes it even better? Like whats the difference between the hands free wand and the normal wand or is there any other attachments that make this thing amazing?

5. Hands-free is like automatic.

Standard is like manual.

You wil have more control over where the heat hits your bowl without hands-free, so if you prefer to have more control over "ease of use," then the standard may be for you. Personally, I like to have full control over my bowl. It heats up really nicely. :)

Other than that, I would just buy a really inexpensive standard set on Amazon. The regular SSV is all you need! I do encourage you to check out the selection of accessories, in case there is something that interests you personally.

I love the SSV, and it gets me higher than ANY of other method of using cannabis.

6. Even though you probably decided on the ssv, which is a very good vape. Imo the "best vape for the buck" is the ceramic rockzap, because it is the most conservative vape. And it pays for itself within a month with all the weed saved.

7. Well yeah... but you can't get them anymore.

A Underdog, Heat Island or Epicvape are the options for logs now, Wychwood if your in the UK and the Hot Pods will be ready soon, but the log vape world lost a real friend in Rick leaving the game :(

8. Awww... man. really? I didn't know, I've been away from fuck combustion for a while. :(

9. [quote name='"CentiZen"']Well yeah... but you can't get them anymore.

A Underdog, Heat Island or Epicvape are the options for logs now, Wychwood if your in the UK and the Hot Pods will be ready soon, but the log vape world lost a real friend in Rick leaving the game :([/quote]

Yeah I was very dissapointed to hear that =/ before I could get one too. Underdog will do though =) I've heard great things, bout the product and maker.

10. Am i the onli one who thinks the ssv is over priced...

11. [quote name='"madg321"']Am i the onli one who thinks the ssv is over priced...[/quote]

Yes, considering no vape exists that's as good for cheaper. Except possibly by its little brother the da buddha.

12. I do as well. Compared to the eq i dont feel its worth the price difference

13. Arizer Extreme Q

14. Bingo... the eq is a monster...

15. Gotta love Da Buddha Vaporizer!! It's an absolutely amazing vape, just like the SSV, but I think it has a neater overall design and I love the fact that I don't need to always hold on to the wand when taking a hit. These two vaporizers are the absolute best bang for your buck, and perhaps even the best 2 whip vapes in the market.

16. Is the Ssv a convection or a conduction vape? I don't get what makes a vape conduction or convection

17. [quote name='"aw69"']Is the Ssv a convection or a conduction vape? I don't get what makes a vape conduction or convection[/quote]

Convection. If your flowers are heated by heated air passing through it, than it's convection. If the flowers are heated by being in contact with a heated surface than its conduction.

18. So is combustion better than convection?

19. #40 TheTerps, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    nonono, well combustion is essentially conduction(if i am not mistaken) because the herbs come into direct contact with the heating element(fire). they are two complete different things...

convection is for vaporizing= hot air passes through herbs= no direct contact with heating element

conduction= direct contact with heating element

convection is generally better than conduction