Best vape for newbie under 150?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Bolt Thrower, Oct 5, 2014.

1. #1 Bolt Thrower, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    Hey there,

So in the past couple of months I had quite a lot of changes in my life and I will be moving to another country soon so sadly I have to leave my bongs, pipes, etc. behind. Now I am pretty sure I will still be smoking from time to time but the thing is that I will be living with roommates that cannot know I get high.

I thought the best thing would be to invest into a vaporizer but I know nothing about them, never even had a chance to smoke out of one. I don't really know how they work, what are the leading brands or anything like that so I though you my fellow grasscity users might enlighten me.

Stealth is a major factor for me, I guess followed by efficiency. Something portable would be nice but isn't a must also I'd like it to be under 150$. So... Any recommendations?

Edit: I've been reading up and apparently people are having problems getting "where they want" with vapes. I love to smoke some great sativa until I can close my eyes and see the borders of our galaxy. So if you can keep that in mind

2. Get an Extreme Q if your looking for a desktop vape. Check out the pinnacle pro if you want a portable vape.

3. #3 Bolt Thrower, Oct 5, 2014
    Both of these look real cool even though they are a bit over my budget... If there exists some "(cheap) god of all vaporizers" I'd be willing to spend up to 250. Who are the leaders in the field? When it comes to stealth especially?

4. MFLB only costs round 120$ it's tiny & stealth, you can't go wrong!

Cause I really always knew that my little crime would be cold, that's why I got a heater for your thighs.

5. But is it a good recommendation for a noob? I would beg to differ.

Agreed.   The price is right for a vape noob but the learning curve sure isn't.    Also, if one is trying to make the transition from smoking, the vapor production from the MFLB can be more than just a bit challenging.

But..........for an experienced vaporist who has a fairly low tolerance, it makes for an excellent portable.    I love mine.

7. You can get an extreme q on eBay for 130-150.

8. Buy them on Ebay for $120 on the extreme Q, and $150 on the pinnacle. Buy them from an authorized dealer and you will get a legit vape at a fraction of the cost. How I have bought all of my vapes with no problems.

9. #9 lwien, Oct 5, 2014
    Some of you guys are really hilarious.    The OP states that the two most important things for him are stealth and efficiency and some of you are recommending the Extreme Q?    Tell me, what in the fuck is so stealthy about it?    And in the efficiency department, there are other vapes that will blow the Q out of the water.

To the OP, PLEASE check out the log vapes from both Underdog and Epic with their E-Nano.    These types of vapes are not only the most efficient design on the market but you can leave them out in the open and no one would even think twice that it's a vaporizer.

This reminds me of posts where I see someone asking for recommendation for a portable and some yahoo comes in and say, "Get a Volcano.".      Got news for you guys.    There are some GREAT vapes on the market other than the one you own.

10. #10 Bolt Thrower, Oct 5, 2014

Mhm.. Even though I appreciate all the answers I will probably buy what you are recommending. Judging from the amount of posts you have you probably been smoking weed before I was born... So... Yea... Also what do you guys think about more portable options like Pax or Firefly? Would they suit my needs? I just don't really get the difference between dekstop and portable vape. The weed is the same, temperatures are the same so how one vape gets you more baked than the other?

11. I like the firefly. Its one of the few portables I have used that delivers the hit size and flavor that I look for in vaporizers. The pax falls behind mostly because of its conduction oven which leads to it being less efficient and have a worse flavor.

The biggest difference between desktop and portable is the power. Most portables just dont have the kind of power to run full convection heaters.

12. Right... So basically portable vape just doesn't have the heat for the job... I was thinking if I picked up a portable one that I could conceal it easily and wouldn't have to smoke at home. So there would be no smell, no noise, nothing.

I also checked out both vapes Iwien recommended and E - Nano looks real cool but I guess I should have said that I am Eastern European and buying anything from USA is a real riot when it comes to customs and I doubt they have a retailer near me. Could you offer anything that's available in Europe?

13. I've only just started vaping in September tbh there are so many tutorial vids on YouTube that's how I learned w/o any prior experience oh and from this forum as well I should add ;-)

Cause I really always knew that my little crime would be cold, that's why I got a heater for your thighs.

14. After about a 20 year separation from cannabis I got back in the game but wanted to vaporize rather than smoke...bought a MFLB.

IMHO, it's most excellent for a newbie... super simple to use, very easy clean and excellent high.

As with anything new, you will have to learn how  to use it for best results...I watched a couple videos then I vaped a bowl and by the end of that first bowl I was an expert.

MFLB has got me lifted everyday since (about 18 months) and never let me down.