Best up and active high - strain?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by PoonDaddy30, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Hey GC I almost clicked the order button today on the Tude with Nirvana's 5x Northern Lights and 5x White Widow (mainly bcuz the price) and all those freebies, but after sum consideration stopped myself bcuz I was just ordering these due to their insane THC content, which obviously you can never go wrong with lol but I'm the kind of person if I get too stoned out I can't do SHIT the rest of the day.. In your guy's opinion what strain gives the best up and active high? or maybe called a social high?

I'm already the kind of person thats always on the go go go but I kinda wanna grow a strain that I smoke a massive bowl n head out to a party (smoke/drinking mixes AWESOME for me)

Also, fem'd seeds would be preferred but if not no biggie

As Always, Thanks GC:gc_rocks:

2. serious seeds kali mist is pretty good for an energetic high. I also like the mild stone and floaty feeling I got from DNA Chocolope.. real good taste on that and outrageous amounts of resin.

3. Wow, that Chocolope looks & sounds deelish:eek:!! I just wish DNA wasn't so ridiculously priced, but hey a cadillac cost extra for a reason aye? ;)

4. chocolope smokes more like a lambo :p

5. #5 PoonDaddy30, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2010
    Haha.. Well in your opinion what strain do you think is a Mustang GT that had about 80,000 miles on it? Cheap but still a great car? lol.. I've been looking @ the Acapulco Gold (can't remember the breeder off the top of my head) ever tried it? I think what I'm looking for is a nice Sativa..

edit: it was Barneys Farm Acapulco Gold Fem'd ($50 US)

6. A11. Amazing more people don't grow A11.

7. which breeder makes that? I can't find it anywhere on Attitude.. Anyone else? I need ideas.. Small/medium plant if possible THC content isn't as important as the buzz you get off it..

8. white widow is a social high if you have a strong tolerance, otherwise it might be too much for some.

9. Thanks for the reply you kinda reinforced n helped make my decision bcuz I plan on buying either the WW or NL as one of my strains but was leaning more towards the WW just cuz it looks SOO fuckin delish.. I'm trying to pick a second strain that's majorily just to smoke during the daytime w/o as much as a hangover effect as you come down..

10. Check out easy sativa on attitude. Sativa strains produce a more active energetic high while indica strains produce a more sleepy couch lock stone. Easy sativa is a 95% sativa and 5% indica hybrid. Its cheap and will give you a nice eurphoric head high

11. Well think I decided.. I'm looking @ Nivana's WW and Barney's Acapulco Gold, wish me luck all :D

12. kali mist is awesome! besides being so energetic you literally can't sit still on it, it has an amazing delicious crushed red pepper taste that those of us supertasters who love spicy foods can enjoy. it's the most TASTY bud i've ever smoked, it is also extremely euphoric. if you're looking for bud that will give you a shit eating grin doing something you'd otherwise hate, this is a great choice. the buzz is very similar actually to the warm "at peace with the earth" glow you can get from some mushrooms, but not as spiritual and much more speedy. the downside is that it's so expensive, i only had one gram of it that i was GIVEN and no amount of begging & pleading to the point of offering an INSANE $100 for a fucking EIGTH could score me any more. that was circa 1995 KM BTW. some time around 2004 serious seeds added a little bit of indica to it. i bought some seeds of that, but never got as far as flowering with anything and by the time i got down to my last 3 seeds a couple years later, they started mutating. this would be my favorite strain to bring along on a date to both impress her with the exotic flavor and ANTI-couchlock high, but as an aphrodesiac to give my date unlimited happy energy that needs to find an outlet if you know what i mean. KM is also a favorite of the ladies and is rumored to be good for menstrual cramps, but what i think that really means is that the buzz is so euphoric that it wipes the monthly bitchfest out. LOL

durban poison has a genuine alert sativa buzz and could possibly offer some of that trippiness sativa lovers can appreciate although i didn't really get any visual or auditory effects from it, but after nearly puking & dry heaving after each toke, the old school buzz nearly brought a tear to my eye, durban poison is special because it tastes EXACTLY like you're smoking a stick of black licorice. that happens to be about the most disgusting flavor in the world to me and if you add industrial strength lung bursting expansion to the mix, it's hard to hold a full one hitter. even as much as i hate the taste of licorice, i would not hesitate to toke it over almost ANY piece of shit stony cash crap that's all one is able to buy in most places, particularly the north east coast. if you DO like the taste of licorice though, it's an extremely exotic flavor that's more authentic than blueberry & pineapple and more "in your face" than excellent lavender. catpiss (more like unspayed male cat marking territory) & diesel taste like their namesakes, but are even more DISGUSTING than durban poison. i'd rather get dry heaves from durban than smoke a truck stop (diesel) any day. it doesn't make me nauseous, but who would ever want to smoke anything that tastes like a semi-truck's smoke stack?! i tested some sativa seeds URBAN poison (75% norther lights #5) that i intended to clone for when i start my winter grow, but stressed it popping 1st buds off it waiting to get replacement seeds for this thread's champion, C99.

cinderella 99 has a buzz that's very similar to kali mist, but lacks that delicious flavor. you can get some phenos that have a pineapple taste particularly in mr greengenes' version that is at the top of high times' most recent "best of the year" list for '09 i believe. those feminized beans will set you back around $100 just like kali mist, but if you get joey weed's non-femmed version from hemp depot, it will only set you back $62 including shipping and a long anxiety inducing wait to get your beans. i can report that i got all 4 or 5 of my HD orders including 1 batch of C99 x blueberry when they were sold out of pure C99. the reason i'd give cindy a thumbs up over kali is not only for the price, but because she grows fast & compact like an indica without a trace of any of that evil, needs to wiped from the face of the planet forever, couchlock and is also low odor to boot! if you get joey's version, you can also use it in breeding where greenegenes' version requires you to use another strain for the male and KM might also be femmed as i've read that males are rare for that strain. either way, durban poison & kali mist have a much more sative growth profile so they get much larger & take twice as long as cindy.

if only C99 had a trippy buzz, it would be my very favorite strain after the columbian gold i started out smoking in the early 80s and that spoiled me for sativas and made me DESPISE indicas when they invaded around 1985. my goal is to try and use C99 to keep size down and get the trippy buzz you can only get from pure sativas as most trippy indoor bud like apollo 11, medicine man, romulan, & LA confidential etc. are plagued by couchlock. 8 miles high is promising as it has a unique TRUE "body high" (getting stoned is a fucking body LOW!!!) without putting you to sleep. look for my 8MH & mekong haze thread for more info on that.

13. #13 PoonDaddy30, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2010
    holy shit thnx a lot dude.. finally an answer I was hoping for :p.. I'm really starting to think I'm much the same cuz GOD I can't stand couch lock, when I was younger we were just smoking sum reggie crap but all I ever wanted to do was go do shit but it seems like ne more unless I'm smoking certain strains all I wanna do is be alone n space out.. I'll definitely look into these strains n see if I can't find sumthing thats a fit for me, I'm growing indoors with around 40-50 inches of grow space but only around 2 ft of depth and 3 1/2 ft of width, which would you recommend? I know sativas like to stretch so I plan on scrog lst..

Edit: I've read just a few articles n most everyone is saying the current Kali Mist is a far shot from the pre-2000 Kali.. A lot of ppl were referring to Western Winds if you want the same buzz/up/cerebral high, ever tried this?

14. After re-reading wut you said I saw you already posted bout KM not being the same as the pre-2000.. I'm really looking into the C99 you were talking about as I've seen this name float around a lot.. I figure I'm gunna just deal with the price as I'm already planning on spending a good 100 US to order but I midaswell pitch in the extra 50 er so fer sum quality genes, that and the fact that you said it grows compact and fast which is perfect for me, whats this taste like?.. I'm interested in whether or not you've tried Western Winds and wut you think about this compared to the others you listed.. Thnx fer the info man!

15. #15 pokernaut, Dec 9, 2010
    i haven't tried a lot of named strains and 99.99999% of the shit i smoked after columbian gold (was called thai, but i confirmed it was piney california CG) disappeared has been annoying greedy bastid couchlocking indicrap.

the C99 i smoked wasn't mature, so it hadn't developed flavor, but who the fuck cares? i'd rather smoke something that tastes like cardboard than say "cinnamon candy" as long as it has a true sativa buzz and cindy definitely does. it's energetic & happy. what more could you ask for? the only thing you really give up with cindy is that delicious jalapeno level hot crushed red pepper flavor. im return you get a strain that's cheaper, faster & smaller. she's like the cash crop verson of kali mist for people who don't like spicy foods. people who only like bland foods wouldn't like kali mist as it is really hot, but anyone could smoke C99 and once the shit eating grin crossed your lips, you wouldn't care if it tasted like dog shit! LOL it's that good!

it isn't quite as refined as kali mist (sister to western winds) but she gets the job done quickly & without stinking your house up. i tell you, i've researched "best indoor thai" for almost 10 years and C99 always came up at the top of the list even if it isn't trippy which is the ultimate high for me. any indoor strains that ARE trippy also couchlock from all of my research. maybe some of them actually have more neutral buzzes, but after years of begging, pleading, pulling fingernails & arguing, i found out that these strains do have a trippy buzz, but can couchlock. romulan, LA confidential, medicine man (aka white rhino), apollo 11, (related to cindy) super silver haze, jack herer (same genes, different breeding order... jack is the more sativa of the two and herer himself after his namesake being called "the holy grail" passed that title on to C99!

columbian gold could couchlock too if you wake & bake all day or maintain constantly, but you could easily get a nice balance of trip with alertness especially if you wait until you want the buzz.

if money is an issue, just get joey weed's C99 for $57+ shipping. other than the 2nd to last batch where i had some problem i never figured out that plagued ALL of my beans, i've had 100% viability from joey weed and that leaf i smoked was from his stock. it's supposed to be a pretty stable & uniform strain so the difference between that & greengenes' would be some potency maybe (not shabby even as leaf trim!) and greengenes' tasting more like pineapple. trust me, if you hate couchlock, just get JW's C99 and blow your friends' minds when you show them what getting HIGH really means. they will think you have the best shit in the world. there is better, but i'm always going to have cindy in my garden and am going to use her male to pollinate my 1st crop at least and possibly a second as she'll cut many strains' size down and cut their couchlock.

if you're a beginner, just grow some of that and get back to me. i bet a nickel you fall in love & get married to that quiet little vixen. despite learning years ago that she doesn't do trippy, i knew i at least had to try her and when i did, she was even better than i hoped! it's a very upbeat and playful buzz, but NOT what you want to smoke when you want to kick back & listen to tunes or watch a movie. cindy just can't still.

i posted a smoke report on her as i smoked her here in one thread. i think it was the huge "after 200 strains" thread

heads up... if you hate couchlock, get a vaporizer.
    1. the flavor will be AWESOME! instead of smoking, it's like sticking a bud in your mouth directly & inhaling! i never tried it with any flavored strains, but it makes generic shit taste much better & way less harsh.
    2. something about vaporizing lowers couchlock. i'd guess that burning buds combines CBD & CBN with carbon or something like that, but whatever the reason, it makes stony schwag less couchlocking. when i finally get a harvest, i'm investing a good one for sure if not the crazy expensive volcano a buddy smoked me out on years ago.

16. #16 pokernaut, Dec 9, 2010
    some day i might try apollo 11 (i used to have spice brothers' 75% vietnamese lien huan & 25% A11 beans) for it's trippiness, but am put off by it's couchlock reports. as i already have C99, it's too similar to what i already have as the two are related so i'm trying 8 miles high (AWESOME 1st test) & LSD along with purer sativas like full moon, urban poison & TWO versions of haze skunk by nirvana & high quality seeds. i'm also trying to revive a dwarved autohaze by etoliating the stem with some rooting compoundjust below the surface to see if that stimulates growth.

between the nirvana haze 19 skunk and HQS' haze skunk, the nirvana is clearly more sativa leaning with much narrower leaves and more stretch. they don't even look like the same strain.

as A11 is a "lemony & trippy" sativa, it sounds VERY similar to both hawaiian sativa & burmese. i tried vancouver island seedbank's burmese before as it's an IBL, but got noting but twisted little mutants from the half of the seeds that even bothered to pop! i really wanted to cross that with cindy. i don't think you can get hawaiian sativa or burmese anymore. reeferman had it too for a while, but he has a sketchy rep too.

durban poison & burmese are the two most compact IBL sativas i know of, but i bet a nickel they have indica in them as they're both broader leaved, but even with 25% northern lights, the sativa seeds' urban poison i have stretches a bit more than several other strains i was testing like hashberry (STINKY!) & 8 miles high

i don't know how big 8 miles high gets and i think it likes to stink a little, but i really liked the test i did on some budlets that gave a high like skunk #1 with less couchlock and more body control. it was almost like my mind could be doing one thing while my body went on autopilot. it was even funner than C99 if not as energetic or euphoric. i'd hate to call it couchlocking and would instead say it's neutral with wicked fun body & music effects.

while i have no direct experience with it, kalichakra sounds like it might be a C99 knockoff and if it's as fun as it's 8 miles high sibling, shouldn't be shabby AND it's dirt cheap. i tried to buy some when collecting my stock and got pissed off with gypsy because the site won't let me updatre my mailing addy. for $30 or so, it would have been fun to compare side by side with cindy.

17. Damn pokernaut u kno ur shit, LOTS of helpful info!! U should almost make a thread of ur smoke reports fer Sativas n get that shit stickied.. I've re-read all that like 3 times now, good shit..

To the strains.. I was really interested in that C99 bcuz as you explained it, it seems like a perfect fit for my current growing experience, cab size, and the overall high that you get from the plant. HOWEVER, I've been planning on ordering from Attitude Seeds and they're completely sold out of just C99, they have 2 hybrids available while one is regular sex'd and the other is feminized (I really wanted to order fem'd seeds).. But, after reading thru the description I imagine this plant not to be near the same strain you're talking about as the hybrid is 50/50 Sativa/Indica which really ruins my day..
    World of Seeds Diamond Line Madness Feminized

After doing some more research I found that the Western Winds I noted earlier in the thread to being the closest (through the description atleast) to the type of high energy buzz that I was looking for.. My concerns for this strain is the height problem as it says if allowed wants to grow 6-8ft, I'm going to be attempting training to manage the size but does this seem feesible to keep a plant wanting to grow that big within a 40-50" grow space?
    SAGARMATHA SEEDS Western Winds Feminized

Lastly, I've been doing some more looking into the Acapulco Gold that I also noted earlier in the thread. It seems this plant is a sativa dominate, while only growing 70-80cm indoors which would be perfect for my setup.. It sux that I have to grow in that limited space especially while I'm chasing the sativa high which seems the opposite I should be growing as they like to stretch, but I'm really not getting into this for yield size or commercial growing I just want to grow a bud thats specifically tailored for my lifestyle and preference of high.
    Barneys Farm Acapulco Gold Feminized

Here's also a few others I've found myself looking @ a lot.. I know you haven't smoked all strains but you seem to know your way around these hybrid mixes better then I would..

Kali Mist Critical: Delicious Seeds Critical Kali Mist Feminized

REALLY wish this wasn't sold out, Chocolope:
    DNA Genetics Chocolope Feminized

Jack Herer hybrid:
    Kannabia Seeds Domina Haze Feminized

That's just to name a few.. I pretty much took the names you were telling me and just kept looking and looking.. Most of those strain names you gave me are near impossible it seems to find in the original form, they've all been bred together with an Indica which I suspect is bcuz they're attempting to mix the amazing high with the greedy need for a bigger yield that Indicas supposidly do (Just wut I think)..

Thanks again Poke, ur def helping me out a lot.. Sry it took so long to get bak @ ya.. Am I atleast going down the right path to choosing a strain? WISH I could just find the pure C99 strain, attitude is sold out of everything C99.. :metal:

18. #18 pokernaut, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2010
    there's only TWO places you can get pure C99, $62 shipped snail mail only joey weed at hemp depot here Marijuana Cannabis seeds at Hemp Depot Shipped Worldwide (mother effer! this site won't let me use hypertext buttons or even effing paragraphs now!) or the probably even better $100 feminized ones from mr greengenes... creator of the SATIVA version of cherry bomb and generally a nice fella that used to hang out at overgrow. you can't get EVERYTHING at any seedbank. everyone has either something the others don't or better prices. while kali mist goes for $100+ at most shops, there are a few charging over $200 for it! (what is up with that?) bounce around trusted seedbanks to find the best deals as well as the best treats. if i weren't pissed with otherwise reliable gypsy because i can't change my mailing addy with the email i want to use, i'd shop there for the absolute best prices on nirvana strains and get their more sativa leaning version of haze 19 x skunk as high quality seeds' version of haze skunk looks like a flat out indica in comparison. nirvana has all of the "old school" nirvana strains that attitude has sold out. just keep popping by hemp depot. they don't run out of C99 long, but if it gets popular & starts catching on, it might start selling out faster. i've never seen it out of stock for over a month or so, but that's why i have some C99 x blueberry left when i absolutely wanted seeds "here & now" on my 1st order. as blueberry is the absolute "favorite in the world" strain according to a vote count in an overgrow top 10 thread, it can't be shabby & the combo sounds pretty complimentary. blueberry adds flavor & trippiness to cindy while she cuts size & flowering time and counters couchlock with all her energy. if it's in, get C99 x A11. that's the next best thing to cindy or possibly even better. i wanted to try pure C99 before that as apollo 11 has some couchlock likes it's trippier, but stony peers super silver haze, jack herer, LA confidential, medicine man (white rhino) & romulan etc. apollo 11 is an offspring of C99 that's mellower & trippier with a more lemony flavor. after getting nice psychoactive if not trippy buzzes out of samples of 8 miles high & LSD which has a really heavy eyes effect yet that likes dancing i'm starting to think i've been overcritical of strains like A11 becuse the mere mention of couchlock only inspires rage in me. LOL when i was looking for the "ultimate indoor thai", the consensus was either super silver haze or apollo 11 which i just wasn't hearing. C99 is a totally fun ride and takes a dump on every vile "can't do anything but put you to sleep" afghani sucking cash crap hybrid i've endured since my connection to columbian gold was severed, but i'm starting to think that apollo 11 might actually be what i've been looking for all along. maybe you just have to accept some degree of couchlock to get to trippy, but you don't have to surrender to it. eventually one would get burned out on gold if one smoked enough. C99 is too active to do anything but BE active. you can't chill out on it. if you want the smallest cab strain in the world possibly, check that 14" auto hindu kush strain out. i'm definitely looking into that one for breeding down the road. side by side, i bet hindu kush beats the crap out of sleepy skunk butt afghani. the doc troublemaker freebies i got surprised me by how low odor & couchlock free they were. ruderalis won't add ANYTHING to a THC profile so that seems to be a better building block for taming sativa tree stature to me. maybe if that happened BEFORE the effing dutch ruined weed forever through their hash shops, maybe more than 2% of the current population of tokers would know what getting high is.

19. clone only strain.:smoke: GREEN CRACK!

20. word. One hit of that shit had me buzzing. Felt it instantly.