Best type of bong? Your opinion

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Ultramaxx, Oct 25, 2021.

1. #61 Ultramaxx, Nov 4, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    Yeah definitely wish I had a way to measure it , it’s the same as the Amg Sold as 7mm probably 5?
    That’s why I wrapped it in protective covering because it’s not what it’s sold as . The tag looked worth it , so much for American being thicker … I’m not sure if tag is even true 9mm. Better shot then la pipes at being thick …

2. All that shit on your bong isn't really going to help with anything.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. It’s more so so it doesn’t slip , I don’t think even silicone would truly protect glass.
    Why doesn’t anyone make clear steel haha ? Or aluminum I heard if it somewhere . Probably cost thousands.
    The garage isn’t a safe place for glass…

4. Silicone would help, but it can still break. No way to make clear steel. I don't know if the clear aluminum would even be safe to smoke out of.

5. #65 Ultramaxx, Nov 4, 2021
    Yeah maybe someone was joking once haha , cheap bongs aren’t going to be-thick period the real question is which high end brands are legit quality , and or high quality fakes …
    Some cheapos a lot better then others too …weird and head shops around here sell trash . They are marked up way higher then brand name stuff .

Straight tube bongs, seem thicker at the base on average . As far as what’s better just preference.

6. I hear 2 arguments pretty much. 1 is the patriotism bullshit. 2 are vague praisings of "quality". Well is it less likely to break? No. Does it have special different features? No. What does it do different? Nothing. Maybe it genuinely does feel a little better in your hand. Great! Wow! Wonderful! But I don't buy it to feel it up and fuck it I bought it to get me high and get me a smooth hit and my fake mobius delivers great in both.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I don't buy glass for function anymore. I own 4 functional pieces - a ROOR with a showerhead down stem - small 10inch custom piece with disc perc - 1 custom inline - 1 recycler for dabbing. IF you take care of your glass it will last forever. I still own the first glass pipe I picked up when I was 14. 22 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Check out "Chill Vacuum Insulated Bong" Search that. Looks pretty hefty and interesting too. Also not a bad price.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. #69 Ultramaxx, Nov 4, 2021
    it must be a epic fake , to be that good ..

wow that looks pretty epic as far as keeping hits cold without worrying about durability and stuff .. then don’t gotta worry about hunting something down that’s another step sideways from current bong .
    Probably doesn’t take long to get used to a non clear glass bong ehh , ..
    Excellent idea, who knew something like this even existed . The invincible bowl and downstem I’ve been considering also .

10. Definitely makes sense. If you have a few different functioning pieces that sort of serve a different purpose that's all u need and then after that to just go for artistic heady stuff instead. People can call scientific pieces art if they want but I just don't really see it. I mean yes glass blowing is an art but so is making a knife from scratch. However, if I want a knife I can buy a factory made one of the same quality for a fraction of the price. But if I wanted custom engravings and all sorts of cool shit on a knife I'd need to spend more for it to be custom and that could be worth it. I feel like it applies to glass the same.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fakes typically function just fine but they lack quality.

12. From my experience with many many people throughout the years, bubblers are the best for personal or small group use, bongs are too large for personal use typically.

I've always seen bongs as a crowd pleasing piece, and they are super popular with stoners whether it's being used by one person or many. Bongs are high maintenance, they require a lot more alcohol to clean and require a lot more lung power to clear, and in some cases, even drawing a hit takes a lot more lung power than others have.

Jelly fish, inline, spiral, honeycomb you name it, they all do the exact same thing just differently. The only perc I have ever notice a difference on in the spiral, the suction effect is superb on it.

I own more bubblers than any other piece, they're just better in almost every aspect, a mini bong that is easy to clean, share with friends, and the lung power needed isn't even close to a bong.

Z neck bongs look cool af, but are fragile in the Z part and are known for cracking in the neck and can just outright break, bad necks have a similar issue but are significantly less so.

You want a really solid bubbler? I know everything about them and they are more comfortable to use by a long shot, I have yet to find anyone who dislikes bubblers. https://www.marleynaturalshop.com/products/smoked-glass-bubbler

Bob Marley Family Brand, heard excellent things about this one.

13. This is the best kind of bong.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Beaker bongs have wider bases and water chambers making the glass thin. For this reason straight tubes have the upper had.

Beakers are just super comfortable, but it doesn't make them better, there is typically a lot more unnecessary air cycling in beakers making more resin stick to the sides of the piece.

15. #75 hardykwin, Nov 18, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. illadelph beaker. high quality, simple, and smooth

• Like Like x 1
  17. #77 Ultramaxx, Dec 14, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  18. Have had my 22inch Zong for a decade, haven't broken it.. Have kicked it into the wall in the dark several times with a loud clank.. Im sure it would double as a mace in self defense... I don't use the attachments anymore. Bowl straight to the main tube is smooth enough.

It's only 5mm.. I paid too much for it back then, headshop prices. Could get a 9mm thick one these days for cheaper. 20210913_211259.jpg jul1st%20(26)-1.jpg

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. I dont really use bongs anymore but the best ive ever come across is the honeycomb perks. Even the cheap TAG brand ones are good; never had an issue but if it broke while sitting on a shelf, id be pretty impressed.

honeycomb 1.JPG honeycomb 2.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. #80 kerefin, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    Honestly, when it comes to a bong the simpler the better. I've hit too many bongs to count, and the best ones are the ones that are simple glass pieces, either straight tubes or beaker bottoms. If you're getting a bong for the looks of it, know that it's not going to be nearly as nice of a hit as a simple straight tube.

The more curves in the glass/percs/segments of the bong the smoke has to go through, the more annoying it is to hit. Except a down stem. A down stem is a must.

Also, as for the size, I'd personally recommend 18 inches. It's the smallest it can be while still having the smoke not hit your mouth until you've punched (snapped/whatever you wanna call it) your bowl. Anything larger is risky to have around stoned people, as it's easier to knock over while stepping over and such. Getting a piece with a sturdy base that will prevent it from getting knocked over is key.