Best type of bong? Your opinion

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Ultramaxx, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Activated charcoal or coconut carbo filters do a much better job than any perc or ashcatcher.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Yeah I don’t trust anything unbranded it’s no better the dhgate or eBay glad lol ..
    the la pipes is definitely , I’d definitely get something like this is I had a bigger budget Grace Glass 34-arm Percolator Cylinder Ice Bong with 6-arm Diffuser | Grasscity.com
    Pulsar has no ice catcher, like those percs , do any American brands have anything similar ?? Around same price or lower
    Pulsar "Boomer" Dual Matrix Fat Can Water Bong | Grasscity.com

3. simple glass, 12inches, easy to clean. I use a bubbler now with my mighty vape.

4. Yeah I ran out of ice and realized the thick beaker im using is way smoother if not overloaded with ice .. I was filling it near the top . So either cold water in bass little or no ice , or warmer water and lots of ice in holder ..
    I’m almost skeptical if the double ufo perc model is actually better or not if glass is half as thick. ?? $140 is a lot for 5mm.

I’ve not tried carbon filters and stuff , do they last a while ? Or what ? I looked at them once before .

5. 210A81AE-AB8F-4D9E-B231-912A001DE3F3.jpeg E585693D-0F57-459D-ABD1-9F9D89B593C6.jpeg 4488BA0C-1580-4AD6-AD94-4BFEDC435FF7.jpeg
    I’ve had issues with residue sticking to glass , can’t get the stains out with iso and salt . It looks clear until I run soap water inside it …
    Those vape pens make me Paranoid as hell last time I tried one , unless your talking about tabletop vaporizer machines .
    Iso won’t get the deep stains out , but they aren’t really effecting taste ..
    That’s what it looks like after a few bowls .

6. Yeah I’ll look at it turns out the Amg was the issue , once I stopped using it and just the thick la pipes beaker bong smoke seems way smoother not even close …
    Still want something of a different style that’s just as good if not better . Preferably more percs then a downstem only . Something thicker at least 5mm+ .. and decent percs .
    I’ll wait around for sales don’t need anything right now .. just a longer downstem and ash catcher at some point.
    Makes it easier to clean then just one .

7. 1A154B95-CAAA-4BE2-8769-8F2520818896.jpeg
    The biggest issue was the handle area in middle was too cold need something else better for this . Temporary fix …

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Not sure I've ever seen anything like that. I guess I ought to read back a bit, there must be a reason for it. :smoking-bong:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. #50 ClearTheChamber, Nov 3, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2021

What the hell did you do to your new bong?. Hey a bong I've been interested in has a 12mm foot(base, bottom). So that's pretty awesome. However it's around $800. Don't think I'd ever purchase it unless I found a significant discount and had a bunch of extra money. Since money doesn't grow on trees I probably won't ever purchase. Who knows though?.

10. It’s not damaged at all it just gets cold outside need something in the middle.. gets freezing cold.. the base protection is more so because the bottom is half as thin as the rest of it . Didn’t have $$! For base saver .. wow 12mm .
    4-5mm thin base on a beaker isn’t very thick ..

11. I'd rather spend 800 on something heady Vs. super thick.

12. How many bongs over $300 aren’t thick anyways . You mean extremely thick glass super is like 9mm. I’m clueless on this stuff … it all looks amazing , just hope I can afford it someday.

13. I second matrix percs my fake mobius is dual matrix perces with a bent neck with a tree arm ash catch and I can't imagine a much better setup

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Those ones really catch my eye looking at them and ufo percs , how do you know which knock offs and unbranded bongs are higher quality? Do you just buy some and see ? I guess at 1/5 the price or more it’s a no bRainer ..
    I’m just afraid of anything non branded, doesn’t mean it’s all garbage..
    $600+ Mobias sure looks like hell of a bong .. i liked the look of this one but no glass thickness listed makes it shady … guess borosilicate is strong either way tho , dislike anything under 5mm.
    https://www.grasscity.com/products/borotech-sandblasted-matrix-perc-beaker-bong

15. Not paying for thickness of the glass. Not at all interested in anything "heady".

16. #57 Ultramaxx, Nov 3, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    Yeah I’m too clumsy to buy anything not borosilicate and our sink is metal. If heady is also borosilicate and not just soft glass .. otherwise it get them as an artpeice and rarely use it .
    Practical vs spectacular designs … I’d go scientific.
    Apparently a lot of people are better at not breaking stuff then I am … soft glass ehh love the style ..it’s art.
    I guess it alll breakable just one is significantly stronger … silicone supposedly effects the taste otherwise those bongs are super durable, the silicone glass hybrids ehh I don’t know . They are eye catching and strange ..

Not sure how my Amg survived dropped it on concrete atleast once , the base was broken way before that . First week it broke, maybe it’s a fake ? I can’t find a similar model on there sites , or any with no ice catcher .. could be discontinued also 7 +years old .. I could had bought way better ones by now .. wasted money on junk . At least a few $100-200 ones .. .
    O well could beat the dead horse of blunders forever, forget the past haha .. decent quality stuff isn’t that expensive, just higher end stuff is . The taste quality must be way better in ultra top end stuff , otherwise would not sell much .
    This is a true 9mm beaker mine is 9mm on everywhere but the base itself .. $75 bucks hell of a deal actually for American made .
    https://dankgeek.com/collections/best-bongs/products/tag-9mm-thick-beaker-bong
    Regular style definitely very popular even without percs ..

17. That's not American made. TAG is made in China.

18. #59 norml56, Nov 4, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    No way you are getting 9mm thick glass for $75
    I use all of my heady glass. I guess it just comes down to being careful and responsible. My roor Lil sista is only 3.5 mm and it looks way thicker than that 9mm one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. What are you paying for then? Your post was as pointless as all of ultramaxx's threads.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1