Best tv shows that were cancelled too early???

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by bonbonbondia, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Andy Richter Controls the Universe
    Undeclared
    Enterprise
    Deadwood
    Dead Man's Gun (Canadian flick)
    Third Watch (although it had a good run)

2. "The Riches" Minnie Driver

3. Clone High

Cavemen

Breaking Bad

4. Stargate SG-1
    Stargate Atlantis

5. invasion

6. John from Cincinnati

7. It's because it's so lame in comparison to FaG.

\t

We're like the only two people in the universe who dug that show. It's so relaxing to watch blitzed.

8. I guess I can see how people would say Deadwood. I absolutely loved that show, but over the course of 3 seasons, you would think that the writers could manufacture at least one event. The first season was great, but the last two seasons had that massive build up of suspense with Hearst... through the entire 3rd season you're just on the edge of your seat waiting for shit to go down.... And absolutely nothing happens! Nothing at all through 3 seasons. Political and social intrigue can only go so far in a western, people need to get shot the fuck up.

9. It's not that great, I listed it couldn't think of anymore shows and my list was too short.

But add

Rocko's Modern Life
    Pushing Daises

Lee Pace ftw.

10. Quoted for truth. My daughter's name is Kaylee if that gives you an indication of how much of a Browncoat I really am.

Has just ONLY been cancelled, and there is still a full season's worth of material to be aired.

Futurama got the "Family Guy" treatment and has returned with 4 2 hour DVD movies, the fourth of which should be out soon. They've also been broken up into individual 30 minute episodes and have aired on Comedy Central. Depending on sales (which have been strong) there may be more.

Big problem with this: "Chappelle's Show" was never actually cancelled. Dave decided he didn't want to do it anymore, BIG difference between voluntarily ending and being cancelled. Comedy Central would have given anything for a few more seasons of Chappelle - witness their virtual clone show "Mind of Mencia".

"Breaking Bad" should be returning for a second season.

There WAS a "That 80's Show" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_'80s_Show and honestly it kind of sucked. The best bit was in the commercials where the guy in the bar was calling on a cell phone the size of a briefcase. I did sort of enjoy it because of the two women in the case, and the fact that it took place in San Diego during the 80's which is where I grew up from age 10 to age 27.

Already mentioned "Breaking Bad"
    "The Riches" is indeed done. Eddie Izzard wants to wrap everything up with a movie, and they're in talks, but I would be surprised if anything came of it. Couldn't really get into the show to be honest, despite the fact that I adore Minnie Driver, and I'm a huge Eddie fan.

It was, they renamed it, and recast it. It was called "The War at Home" and Donal Logue was replaced by Michael Rappaport.

Seriously that didn't happen, but the two shows are REMARKABLY similar. Down to the number of kids and genders.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nice Will, Kaylee is definitely a great name. That and Inara would make beautiful names for any girls.

You should join our Grasscity Browncoats social group while you're at it :)

12. Hmm, I might do that. Inara is a great name for a daughter...if we have a second perhaps. Though that might screw her up in High School - "You were named after a space hooker?"

Still can't believe my wife went for "Kaylee Elizabeth" either. But she did. Of course, now the name has other connotations...like "KAYLEE! STOP THAT!"

13. Hahahahaha, I can just picture it now when she gets in trouble

"Kaylee, what in the sphincter of hell are you playing at?"

14. Andy Richter Controls the Universe and oliver bean

15. are you serious? season 7 was meant to be the final season then season 8, they continued through like that to the end of 10. I love SG-1 but their time was up.

Firefly definitely, serenity didn't do the series justice.

16. #77 Yoke-LS, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2009
    Mission Hill

Clerks Animated

I don't think either made it past the 2nd episode, although Mission Hill was nothing short of brilliant.

Clerks sucked, I can see why it was canceled, but I love it being the Kevin Smith fanboy that I am :eek:

17. Nobody has said the greatest show to ever air... Seinfeld! It did have a great run but just the way they ended it should have been redone, Also TPB

18. thats great it makes me feel better.

but that really sucks that they don't want to bring the riches back. idk, i really really liked it. I'd wait all week for it, smoked a blunt durning every episode. theres so much more room to keep it going. If they did a movie it would be great. it will really be a waist if they just do nothing.

19. recent mad tv maybe but mad will never compare to oldwe SNL i think it sucks now but i was pissed when comedy central switched to mad tv reruns.