Best Tool for Smoking in Dorms?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by thesavagepony, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Ok so I'm going to be moving into the dorms in just a few weeks. I'll probably be boxing my car a lot, but theres definitely going to be some times that I'll want to burn in the dorm room, as long as my roommate is cool about it. I've smoked from pretty much everything, except a vape. I've heard that they are good at keeping the smell to a minimum too. So what would you guys recommend using in a dorm room? Only thing is vapes seem pretty expensive, and I'm not exactly stacked at the moment. Also, it'd probably be harder to hide a vape then it would be other things, so if caught I could be charged with paraphernalia... Idk, any suggestions? Vape + Open window + Breathing through the paper towel roll thing + Towel blocking under door? Also, are the smoke detectors really sensitive?

2. Vape. Volcano if you plan on having a bunch of people smoking in the room with you too

3. #3 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
    DO NOT SMOKE. Do not smoke from a vape either.

You can, however, VAPORize rom a VAPORizer, just don't SMOKE it.

Get a Magic Flight Launch Box(MF LB). Check out fuckcombustion.com

4. MFLB. Though I don't have one, I hear they work amazingly, and since they are small they are easy to hide. Plus, if someone does find it, they probably won't know wtf it is

5. hahaha are you old enough to live in dorms?
    most people of college age wouldn't be concerned with half the things you mentioned. :confused:

6. Blow into a pillow. It leaves brown tar stains but if you pick up a cheap one who cares anyways...

use a bong and load snaps so there's no little trail of smoke that comes from the bowl and blow it into a pillow there should be no smell.

but window with a fan works pretty well too.

and never forget to put a towel under the door.

7. umnn...bong....you'll be fine..unless you goin thru lyke half an o in one session i had a sesh from a roor w/ a 8th split between me nd my m..box in bathroom or just put towell undeer the door nd open window yull b FINE

8. ya dont worry about the smoke detecters

9. Who cares about smoke detectors. The fact is, smoke smells!! And smoke lingers, unlike vapor.

If you don't have the time or money to invest in a proper, quality vaporizer then just be careful and go smoke outside(get a small glass pipe).

10. Lol? Why else would I be posting this? Just got a bit nervous because I had orientation last week, and we literally had a 25 minute presentation on marijuana and getting caught and the consequences etc. Apparently if we're caught twice we can get kicked out of the whole CSU system (California State Universities.) I didn't think it was going to be a problem, but after that little presentation during orientation, had me second guessing attempting to smoke in a dorm.

Yeah... it's the shitty kinda dorm, the other kinds of dorms aren't available for incoming freshmen. Aka one room and no bathroom. Otherwise ofc I'd be boxin' the bathroom haha.

11. For sure a mflb. I in a house on campus where I usually smoke, but a friend convinced me to smoke in his room once. We lit up his bong and an R.A. came in and said it reeked in the hallways and even though we thought we were blowing out the window, it was pretty obvious we were smoking. He said he couldnt see any weed so he wouldnt call the cops but they have to right it down as a warning (there was probably an o on my friends bed, but either he didnt see or he was giving us a break.) Anyway,at Rutgers the way it works is that first time is a warning unless they see enough to assume your dealing or something and second time they call the cops without telling you. Im friends with an R.A. that tells kids to use vapes cause hes cool but if kids smoke he would get fucked. R.As can come in whenever they want to dont get a big vape that they could see. Bottom line...MFLB for the win.

12. Ok dude just take the batteries out of the smoke detector....Not too difficult. Then put a wet towel under your door. You now can blaze without being caught with anything, I personally would recommend a bong. As for the smell of your dank, just invest in an ionizer/air purifier and buy a lot of Febreeze spray. Happy Toking.

13. Bad idea most colleges have smoke detectors that if tampered with will trigger the alarm and your room will have set it off so a fire marshal will be there in 10mins or less.

I personally smoke my bub(new one coming in a week cant wait!), a bowl, and joints in my room with no problems I just close the curtains and open the windows. A fan helps but it really isn't even necessary. If an RA knocks just hide your shit and talk to them like a normal human being. Chances are they will just ask you to chill out or do something about the smell. I use a sploof for solo sessions and a wall fan.

14. Wizkalifa^: worst idea ever!!
    If you must smoke in your room, you need one key part.
    A WINDOW FAN!! Turn it on so it blows outside, and make sure to not block the door frame or anythi g because the smoke will not get sucked out unless fresh air can come in.
    As for your herb, only use a CLEAN GLASS MASON JAR(the type with a 2 part lid). Be very careful to wash, rinse and dry COMPLETLEY before closing it. This is the only type of jar that contains 100% of smell.

15. Check this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro6ooC4Z3Dk]YouTube - ‪Bootcamp-Product Review: Smoke Buddy‬‎[/ame]

16. If your that concerned about the terrible consequence then don't smoke in your room unless your willing to accept that.
    Like I said, a vaporizer would be best, but if you MUST REALLY smoke inside, take extra precaution. Use a window fan, make sure both fans are blowing OUTside, don't block the door frames, and simply smoke right in front of the fan and leave it on for up to 30 minutes after finishing the session. And use a glass mason jar(make sure it's CLEAN) to store your herb, and have a good hiding spot. And don't keep too much paraphenalia in your room.

17. I think it's a bad idea all together to smoke in your dorm. Nature is the best option. Get a bat/one hitter/chillum/ or whatever you want to call it and go on a walk. It is really not worth getting caught.

I assure you, I have been there.

18. gravity bong or vaporizer..i lived in strict ass catholic school dorms for 2 years in college and smoked 5 plus times a day with multiple people...I only got caught once because i had some stanky chronic but got out of it..trust me gravity bongs are the best since there is almost no smoke going into the air if you do it right

19. Yeah, that's essentially what I was worried about. I mean, if I become friends with the R.A, I'll probably be good to go. But with the small window in the room and the long ass hallway just outside the door that everyone is constantly walking past... Anyways, I think I'll only burn in the dorm when I'm really wanting to get high, otherwise I'll probably just burn in my car or somewhere else.

Thejon, thanks for that video post, that actually looks really useful.

20. Vaporizers like the Magic Flight Launch Box, Myrtlezap or Purple Days.