Best Time To Feed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stealthsmokerman, Apr 19, 2014.

1. OK I have 2 plants that are 3 weeks into flower and I was wondering what would be the best time of day to feed? I've heard at lights on and I have heard lights off and I want to do it right. I'm using the Fox farm trio if that helps any at all

Sent from my N9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I've never got a definitive answer for this either... I always feed in the mornings when I get off work tho, a few hours after the lights come on and they seem pretty happy an hour or two after that lol.. I also use FF

3. OK can we get some veterans to help a Noob out?

4. best to feed earlier in the day (the plants day that is) because then they can drink the water and not overheat / get too thirsty throughout the day.

worst time (in my mind) is feeding right when the lights turn off. Why have wet roots all night?

5. I feed mine morning, and then a few times through the night and sofar so good, i dont think im over watering, looking healthy.

6. At 4:20am and then again at 4:20pm - where do you think "4:20" came from?

J

7. Honestly don't know

8. It came from a group of kids who would meet up after school to smoke, but they would meet at 4:20 and say do you wanna 4:20. It happened in the 70s I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. #9 Doc-J, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    Feed anytime you want, it doesnt matter. Considering many people do a feed, water, feed schedule the plants are using the food you give them over the coarse of a week or more. When your giving seven days worth of nutrients at one time, the time of day really doesnt matter. Its not like they are consuming everything at once in a soil grow.

A soil mixture that has proper drainage, watered at correct intervals isnt going to cause a problem if you water at lights out, or at lights on. If your roots soak to the point of causing a health problem for the plants then other factors need to be evaluated.