Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Time of Day to Smoke Sativa or Indica

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Messiah Decoy, Dec 7, 2012.

1. And please explain why the time chosen is the best time for Sativa or Indica.

2. Sativa is a good day smoke and indica is good for a night smoke because a sativa is a head high and your indicas are a nice body high to mellow down to after a long day and for indicas cause some people to pass out.

:smoke

3. Yeah that's what I kinda figured. Thanks for the input.

4. Yea i agree sativas are good in the day but i can hang with a indica during the day as well

5. Or just indica all day

6. Indica for the wake up, Sativa for socialization time, and a hybrid to ease the day at night.

7. sativa for your wake n bake, indica for a good long night of sleep. even if its like 10 pm you'll still fall asleep withing 40 mins of smoking some dank indica and you'll knock out before you know it

8. You about that, herbisfuckingrad.

I smoke only Indica and I have no problem staying awake, regardless.
    But yes, the general consensus is sativa for day time and Indica for the late hours.

9. Stativa opens my mind more at night and makes me dreamy feeling and always knock me out on the come down

10. I enjoy sativas for the day as they get me all active and shit.
    And for the late afternoon/night i will go for an indica. just mellows you out. Or I'll mix sativa and indica, that way i can be all mellow and numb while in my head everything is hazy and crazy.

11. [quote name='"Dr fumbles"']Or just indica all day[/quote]

Haha i agree with that as well :cool:

12. Anything anytime? A sativa at night keeps me awake and I always end up smoking more than needed.. Indica at night hits me hard with a body high and then I feel good about going to bed.

13. you dont have much going on huh? haha:D

14. There isn't a time of day for certain strains, it's all about your mind state. Indica for fun, sativa to get things done or something along those lines.

Psyche

15. #15 tstick, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
    Interestingly (or not) I have been doing some "research" in this area. I'll share with you...

If it's at all possible, you must try a landrace Sativa strain at sunrise and a landrace Indica at sunset. I find that nothing invigorates me as well as a real Sativa in the morning. I can get Malawi Sativa at my dispensary and it's the very best for morning that I have ever smoked. It's like a cup of coffee for me...and, since I can't drink coffee, it's a nice replacement. If I smoke just a very small amount early in the morning, then I start doing things and getting into a rhythm with the day. Before I realize it, hours have passed and I've gotten a lot done -no breaks, no food. It's like an extreme focus for the morning. But, I have also learned that a Sativa such as Colombian can be a KO punch to the face if smoked in the morning -especially this particular strain of Gold Colombian that I get (I love it, regardless because it takes me back to the old school days of smoking Gold Colombian). But the Malawi is the morning time strain for me. I have to get as much as I can when it comes around because it comes in small batches and goes fast!

I usually don't smoke in the afternoon at all, but at sunset, I like to take a hit of a nice -flavored, Indica dominant hybrid like Northern Lights or Pineapple Indica or Blueberry ....something fruity and sticky.

And then, finally, a few snaps of Indica with some Indica bubble hash topping off the bowl and immediately into steaming hot bath...sometimes with the lights out in a pitch dark bathroom. It's like one of those isolation chambers!

That's it. I usually smoke a grand total of .5 grams per day and that's usually the way it breaks down.

Smoking strong Sativas at night causes me to lose sleep...but sometimes, a late-night creative session happens and they are just the thing! Indicas during the day tend to turn me into the stereotypical "lazy" stoner who can't seem to get up off the couch. Therefore, I avoid smoking Indicas during the day....unless my back injury pain flares up and I'm incapacitated. On those days, an Indica really makes being laid out less maddening.

WHY is there a difference? I don't know, really...but I think it goes beyond just the cannabinoids. There's something else in marijuana that can be very specifically unique if you allow yourself to moderate and specify your use. That's been the case for me, anyway.

Cheers

16. i smoke indica or sativa for wake and bake

but i prefer indica, it wakes me up and makes me tired at the same time, it's weird but i love it

indica all day

17. Well if sativas are day time smokes and indicas are for closer to night how about a hybrid suitable for all day toking? :bongin:

18. Tree.
    That's what Blue Dream was bred for.

19. Any time and all the time.