Best thing to grow to praciste?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tokerBroker, Aug 15, 2012.

1. So I live with my parents so I want to grow something (inside) to practise growing weed for when I get my own place

2. And also how would I go about growing them?

3. Try tomatoes. They have similar nutrient requirements from what I hear

4. [quote name='"greenbudguy"']Try tomatoes. They have similar nutrient requirements from what I hear[/quote]

Thanks so should I just google about and get my shit set up?

5. That's the best thing. Just start Googling how to use nutrients and reading the numbers and what everything does. Just keep reading and reading. Hit me up with any questions but Googling info is the best bet

6. [quote name='"greenbudguy"']That's the best thing. Just start Googling how to use nutrients and reading the numbers and what everything does. Just keep reading and reading. Hit me up with any questions but Googling info is the best bet[/quote]

Thanks but yeah I've been googling now and hoping to get an indoor grow set up next month or so

7. Nice. Any questions or anything?

8. [quote name='"greenbudguy"']Nice. Any questions or anything?[/quote]

Would I be able to grow them in a wooden toy box like with lights ect?

9. You mean like how growers on here do for their marijuana plants? Sure. I haven't seen anyone do that but I'm sure you can

10. Tomatoes are great for an outdoor trial, but the really need a lot of light to bear fruit and aren't simple to grow inside. If you do decide to try them, go with a determinate variety and a smaller variety as well. Jelly Beans stay rather small. Definetly stay away from indeterminates, like the commonly sold better boys.

There are other plants that do well inside under minimal lighting that would give you some expierience, but the nutrient, watering, and lighting requirements aren't the same. Coleus grows easy, does OK under floro lighting, and is great for topping, training, and rooting.

11. Peppers do well indoors

12. [quote name='"greenbudguy"']You mean like how growers on here do for their marijuana plants? Sure. I haven't seen anyone do that but I'm sure you can[/quote]

Ive been watching a couple of videos and they've really helped and it seems ok to do it inside under lights because now there soon won't be enough light in the day so I'm thinking of putting a flourscent light bulb on a normal lamp, would that work?

13. [quote name='"joker865"']Tomatoes are great for an outdoor trial, but the really need a lot of light to bear fruit and aren't simple to grow inside. If you do decide to try them, go with a determinate variety and a smaller variety as well. Jelly Beans stay rather small. Definetly stay away from indeterminates, like the commonly sold better boys.

There are other plants that do well inside under minimal lighting that would give you some expierience, but the nutrient, watering, and lighting requirements aren't the same. Coleus grows easy, does OK under floro lighting, and is great for topping, training, and rooting.[/quote]

Ok so I wouldn't really be able to do cherry tomatoes then? I have been looking into it and I was wondering, if I grew herbs, would that be similar to growing the best herb?

14. Use google man you'll find your answers wayy faster