Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Temperature for THC oil extraction?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by JohnFordColey, Dec 22, 2009.

1. I'm looking to make some brownies tomorrow with an 1/8 of nice dank, and I'm looking for the best temperature for the oil to extract the THC.

Also, would I grind up my weed, or leave it intact? This is my first time making brownies.

2. let it simmer on low for 20 mins.. stir it every so often
    grind up the bud also
    grind it up so its small enough to get alot of surface area, but big enough so when you strain it it doesnt go through

3. Wikipedia says: 210 degrees Celsius (401 degrees Fahrenheit) is the temperature at which THC starts to boil off.

Personally, I grind it up, cook it with the butter until the butter starts to boil, then turn down the heat so the butter is just below boiling point. Then I just let it simmer for a long time, sometimes hours.

Makes some pretty awesome brownies that way.