Best team in college basketball?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Yoke-LS, Jan 18, 2009.

1. What do you think?

I'm going to be a homer and go with U-Conn :smoke:

2. We will find out at the beginning of April.

3. Right now? Wake Forest. They have great talent and are playing better than anyone else at this point.

The real question is whether they'll be able to play at the same level when it truly matters.

4. Too close to call right now...I'll go with UConn for now but no guarantee at all

5. when it all said and done UNC will be the champs

6. If every team plays their best, UNC is best. Unfortunately, UNC has been inconsistent. I watched them play Clemson. They looked like they didn't deserve to be in the Top 25 for most of the 1st half. After that they looked like they were by far the best team in the nation.

7. Well after April, UCLA will be the best team, for now I'll say Duke is up there.

8. UCLA is barely the best team in the Pac 10 :rolleyes:

9. Will this have something to do with the officials giving them the benefit of a doubt more often than not? That's sure what happened last year in the NCAAs.

Here's an example from the end of the Texas A&M game last season; this was the last shot of the game and no foul was called:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. I call bullshit.

I guess if Duke plays as bad as they possibly can every game the rest of the country has a chance. Those Refs should be fired.

11. That Duke - Wake Forest game tonight was intense.

12. I'd say Wake. Its for damn sure we're gonna see some good basketball come tourney time. So many teams are so good. Its too bad my teams not in it, but whatever, I'll just be a more unbiased viewer. The ACCs powerhouses are lookin' good, the Big East is stronger than it's been in years, the Big 12 and Pac-10 have some top competitors. I can't wait until March.