Best tape for sealing plastic sheeting?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by BarnWeeds, Jun 7, 2015.

1. I'm building a grow room that I'm trying to seal up completely. I'm hanging a 6 mil poly vapor barrier all around the space. What is the best tape to use to seal the seams? What sticks best to the poly? Should I just use high quality duct tape or is there something better I can use? I want something that will last and not peel up after a little while...

2. Gorilla tape or standard duct tape.
    If the plastic sheeting is thick enough to you can also plastic weld it.

Chef.

How would I go about doing that? I will be using 6 mil.

4. Just google plastic welding for pond lining. Very simple and I'm sure you could find a video on he web or YouTube.

Chef.

5. TYvm for this threads existence, and the answers contained in it. 

6. You could also try vapor barrier tape (the red stuff) its designed to inhibit air flow in houses for insulation purposes.

7. my gorilla tape is peeling on my panda plastic

8. I would just use standard duct tape. Gorilla tape is over hyped and over priced from my experience.

9. #10 Joe Hemp, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
    Gorilla Tape is good for covering small holes in your plastic because it's thick enough to stop light from getting through. Ideally, you'd have your seams overlap along the studs or floor joists. Otherwise use duct tape on both sides of the overlapping seams. Use heavy duty staples to attach the plastic to studs using small squares or strips of cardboard as a sort of "washer". If you don't the staples can tear the plastic easily, especially on the ceiling. I hear spray on adhesive is pretty effective also. I would highly recommend expanding spray foam for 2x4 frames on concrete at both the tops and bottoms.

10. gorilla tape.on the hvac shiiny tape

• Like Like x 1