Best sub-zero lighter?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Highly Educated, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Since we are heading into winter, I thought it would be a good idea to find out what kind of lighter would be best for extreme winter conditions. See I live in an area where it snows, and it snows. Last winter there were multiple occasions where my trusted bic failed to hold up against the elements (Aka it froze up/just didn't light) and it sucks to be out in the middle of the woods with everything you need but a functioning lighter.

So does anybody know what fire source would he best in these conditions? I know zippos are supposed to be wind proof but do they work better in the cold? Any input is appreciated

2. I believe a grill lighter might be a good option to try out.

3. I'll definitely give it a go. Thanks man

4. You ever think about investing in one of these?
    Google Images

5. [quote name='"4 Loko"']You ever think about investing in one of these?
    Google Images[/quote]

Once or twice

6. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Green-Flame-Torch-Lighter/dp/B003D7T7LU/ref=pd_sim_misc_5]Amazon.com: Moon Glow Green Flame Torch Lighter #98: Everything Else[/ame]

7. you could just make a little pouch that hangs next to your nutsack...then when you are out in the cold, your lighter wont freeze

8. OMG. Thanks, you've inspired me to come up with a new invention; penis fanny packs. To hide stashes. BRB getting paid.

9. [quote name='"GanjaHaze"']you could just make a little pouch that hangs next to your nutsack...then when you are out in the cold, your lighter wont freeze[/quote]

You just gave away a multi million dollar invention

10. Hahaha funny you said that I have a moded pair of boxers that have a built in compartment right in the crotch for smuggling my stuff into concerts.