Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

best strategy to quit cigarettes?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by goldenbudz, Aug 7, 2017.

1. don't be an ass, the thread is posted best strategy to quitting smoking

• Like Like x 1
  2. cigarettes tast like shit and the buzz is shit and theres to many health risks. i never saw myself getting addicted to it

3. I quit when I moved. That's supposedly the easiest time to quit, because you haven't reinforced all those little cues that make you want to smoke when you're in a new place.

Obviously, if you're not already moving, that's a crazy and expensive way to take a shot at quitting, but if you're going to have to move, that's a good time to give it a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Does smoking weed help with the urges to smoke cigs?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vaping helped me

• Like Like x 1
  6. :):):):)

7. I found this interesting while searching for same topic, "Distract yourself. Do the dishes, turn on the TV, take a shower, or call a friend. The activity doesn't matter as long as it gets your mind off smoking."

8. Sex,exercise, or eating helped me I went n bought fruit n veggies everyday so I wouldn’t get fat. I use to see ppl balloon after quiting smoking.

9. I literally posted a strategy...Think of my post as future proofing, so if I see this question again for the 1000th time, or a "should I start smoking?" thread, I can simply refer people back to this answer.

10. The patch. Nicotine is delivered consistently over a couple days. Takes the edge off so you're not losing your shit just trying to say no. It also takes the choice away like gum or lozenges. Helped me to quit for good!

11. Jail

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

12. Smoked for 20 years, quit twice and started back up both times after about six months. I haven’t had a cigarette for 7 years and honestly don’t want anything to do with one. I used chantix. Took seven days and I was done. Quit taking them after 14 days even though was suggested for three months.

I think the single biggest thing you need to quit is a true desire to quit and no matter what you use to get there it is the desire that never lets you go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. I smoked for 20 years, basically a pack a day. I was breathing hard and coughing like an old man at 35, just ridiculous. I finally had enough. As I was leaving work one night I smoked the last one in my pack, looked at my buddy as I tossed the empty pack and told him I was done. That was over a year ago and I haven't smoked.

2 things helped. Your brain is going to constantly tell you that you need it and why you can't stop. You HAVE TO be aware of that and call it bullshit when it arises. You don't want to smoke and you don't need them. Second thing was water. I walked around with a bottle of water for a month straight. When i wanted to smoke I drank water. Replacing the bad habit with a good one helps. Habit and repetition are the hardest to break. I talked about quitting and thought about it constantly for months before I did it. So, when I hear people say they're thinking about quitting, I say keep thinking. The more that idea is in your head the better you'll be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I feel like this is equivalent to telling a depressed person to just be happy. That's not how it works(I wish it was) lmfao.

15. Well said: better not to start. I've praised myself more than once for that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. the only way to give up was the day i entered hospital for my quadruple heart by pass operation in 2000 ,,i thought ive gotta stop now or die if i didnt stop the surgeons work would be a waste of time ,,,i smoked over 40 years ,,,best thing i ever did ,,,,i smoke weed only ,,,22 years later still going hearts fine ,,,,,best of luck just give it up , mac.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. I hadda quit smoking it wasn't until I started vaping cannabis that I quit smoking everything.
    Been 5 years now and not even a temptation.

• Like Like x 2
  18. A Coma worked for me,, Real deal, when I woke up I was so fucked up and my throat was super sore where I pulled my life support tube out ... a couple times, right before I choked the shit out of the Catholic priest.
    It was like I was on Acid and took a major disliking of the priest.
    Guess he should think about telling me its ok to die within my arms reach.
    But I did stop smoking Cigarettes, every time I want a cigarette ,, I smoke a joint ..

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. How I quit ,
    1. Put cig butts in jar with water and smell it when you get urge.
    2. Take a really deep breath to realize your ailing lungs.
    3.Always have a toothpick,gum,candy( sugarless) to keep mouth occupied.
    4.Remind yourself that many have successfully quit,so can you:)

20. Switch to a vape pen, either lower the amount gradually or after a couple weeks switch to 0% nicotine.
    That's the only thing that worked for me (after smoking cigs for 15 years) and it was quite easy. It's more about having something to puff on than it actually is about the nicotine.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like Like x 1