Best strains?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zyxwv88, Dec 28, 2010.

1. I'm a relative newbie, just starting growing (practicing with some Strawberry Cough bag seeds right now), and I was hoping I could get people to list their favorite 3-5 strains that they would reccomend for growing. I have a setup for SOG, so I can grow a couple strains at once.

I know there are a lot of posts like this, but many are old and new stains show up all the time. I figure I'll take 3-5 of the most reccomended strains and give it a try.

I haven't tried a lot of strains, but I think I do prefer couchlock strains, although I do want some variety since couchlock isn't always the best.

Taste doesn't matter, because it all tastes like shit to me (sorry guys, I just haven't been able to aquire a taste for it. I smoke despite the taste because I like the buzz).

It might sound odd, but I also like strains that mess with your mind. I have a very high IQ, and sometimes, honestly, it's great to just toke up and NOT be able to think for a while.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. go to the attitude seed bank website and just look over their 1000's of strains and breeders....seed finder lets you enter what your lookin' for...sounds like your lookin' sativas...head high but longer grow time..or some hybrids...might check out barneys farm lsd...mandala 8 mile high...have grown both and are fire buds:smoke:

3. I will do that, although I will admit that it isn't as much help as you'd think. I'm a computer geek by trade, and if you were looking for some hardware, I could tell you to go to sites and research, but if you are a noob to computers, it will be a bit overwhelming. That's where I'm at now. I've been sucking in a tremendous amount of information from forums over the last month for learning what i need to grow, but sometimes expert opinion can be worth more. I think once I have a little more experience with different strains then the seed databases will help me more. :)

Thank you for the suggestion though, I am going to do that. Hopefully I can combine that info with expert opinions to find what I want to try.

I have a somewhat small grow space, so I can only flower 2-3 plants at a time and veg 3-6 plants at a time, so I don't want to waste time growing crap if I make a mistake. :)

4. no doubt its research intensive....strains like wine...are up to the palet of the inbiber.....check out smoke reports for highs that sound like what you want...i like an enegertic buzz...so sativas and hybrids that bring out the sativa high are what im starting to narrow down to....look at the pick and mix section of attitude...you can buy single seeds of many different strains...the best way to sample multiple strains...or the single seed center...attitude should have a special comin' up this weekend where they give away frree beans and ufos...also a good way to build up your seed stock......then you gotta figure female seeds versus regular..im thinkin' your gonna want female seeds...i got a thread called what are ya smokin' tonight in the stash jar forum....where blades post up what their roastin...a good way ta see the buds and get smoke reports...drop by any time.....alot of experienced strain whores there...or if ya narrow it down im me with the strains your thinkin' of;) peace deacon:smoke:

5. Thanks, Deacon. On the free seeds, do they do that free with purchase, or just free? I don't have a problem with free with purchase, I just have to decide what seeds I want to buy first. :)

6. they usually have special free beans the first week end of every month plus their monthly ufos which you get depending on how much you spend.....so figure its 5 or 6 free beans of different strains plus what you order..so after about a year of ordering i got like a nice stash of beans..then the trouble is what to grow next:D..will post up a few of the top strains i have been hearin' good things about...im back to regular seed strains cause of pure unfucked with genetics but i plant 10 seeds to get 4 plants cause i have the room.....might also suggest you check out scrog to max your grow area's yeild....looks spooky...but its cake...i have one runnin' all the time in my tent

my first scrog..2 plant nirvana ak-48.....yeilded 1/2 lb cured

[​IMG]

7. Nice pics.

Although SCROG is good, I'm leaning towards SoG myself. Mostly because I have a 6' tall flower cabinet and want to be able to rotate different plants in and out of it. Lower yield per plant, but from what I understand, it can be higher yield overall.

For the most part, I'm just growing for my own use, so being able to put a variety of plants in and see what I like most seems to be an advantage. Plus if I go SoG, it seems easier to just throw in a new plant when I harvest an old one. I have some shelves so I can place a new plant up high enough that the bigger ones don't block them out and I can move the shelves up and down.

That being said, I'm just going off what I've been reading, and not all sources are as accurate as others, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :)

8. Could anybody recomond a strain for the nw area and also outdoors or if that if even a good to doi dont know im new at this i need a couple tips on this thanks

9. i agree ...take advantage of your height...you will have to side lite also to make sure all buds on your plants get enough light

northern lights or timewarp...but just about any strains will grow during the sweet spot;)

10. yeah thanks i now have some on the way oh and how soon is to soon to transplant outside

11. after last frost..im in fla so im plantin' in a couple weeks:smoke:

12. sweet hope it turns out good for you. i might post a journal on this grow