Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best strains for social anxiety?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by weedisgood4433, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Hey all, first let me state that I don't have a MMJ card or live in a state that allows MMJ (hope that doesn't disqualify me from posting here?)

I have a bit of an issue that I could defiantly use some advice on. I have fairly bad social anxiety disorder, I have been to years of talk therapy, been prescribed 3 different kinds of medication and still struggle daily. I have been off all medication for a year because it did more harm than good, and truth be told marijuana has served me the best out of everything.

Basically what I need help with is that I have a class (college student) that requires A LOT of group work, I do horribly because I am such a mental mess and I can't drop the class. I'm a smart guy, high GPA, international honor society, and am planning on transferring to an Ivy League institution next fall, but I need to get through this class!

I was looking for a strain that would just make me ease up a little bit, without knocking me on my ass, cause I need to drive home 3-4 hours later. I don't want to get baked out of my mind, just take the edge off a little bit. Any advice on strain choice would be helpful!

*NOTE(S) I have access to a lot of high quality strains so don't worry about the availability for the most part. My tolerance is not extremely high, I only smoke every few weekends (mostly indicas I think). Will be using a vaporizor.

2. Dude, thank you so much, didn't even see that thread! I bookmarked it for future use, think im gonna try out the OG Kush for my anxiety. Huge Help!

3. OG kush was great for my anxiety as well, but dont smoke to much if you plan on getting up.

4. Indica or Indica dominant strains work very well for me. White Widow was great, but as far as functionality I could only take 1 or 2 hits and not be ripped. I really like those kushes like Bubba, Headband, and Hindu since I just sit back and chill the fuck out. I have heard that some tokers with social anxiety prefer Sativas since they mellow you out and don't have that body stone that keeps you from functioning.

5. Yeah, thats the only thing, indicas usually knock me on my ass but they do mellow me out, but I need to be able to speak clearly and what not during class. I'm gonna try the OG kush and ask my buddy to see which sativa he thinks would be good, try them each this weekend and see which one works best for my needs I guess. Like I said, Im not trying to get really high, so 1 or 2 hits should do me just fine to mellow me out.

6. I commonly hear strawberry cough as being good for anxiety, Its a sativa dominant hybrid though. so if you were looking to try a sativa maybe check that strain out. There is probably dozens of strains that can help its just a matter of dialing in which one works the best for YOU.

7. #8 runthistown18, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2010

8. AGREED!

I prefer the hybrids leaning towards the indica as well.:smoke:

I found 'orange bud' to be good for daily use. A few puffs on the vaporizer and I am good for a couple of hours without feeling intoxicated (buzzed a little maybe). :hello:

9. Another thing to consider. I find that whatever the strain, if I use my MFLB mini vaporizer, I get a head high, even with indica strains. The advantage at least for me is that I feel relaxed, but my head still seems clear and I can carry on conversations much better than when I smoke (real smoke, via combustion). If I smoke a strong indica, it helps anxiety, but I don't feel like talking about anything serious at all. I just want to lay on the couch and watch TV.

So, if you have access to a vape, I'd definitely give that a try.

10. Pretty much every strain I've tried has helped me with anxiety/social anxiety. Imo it's not that a specific strain will take the anxiety away but more like a good high will unlock the mental faculties I need in order to function in a social setting, which is better imo because it teaches you how to think in such a way that the anxiety can't get to you anymore instead of just automatically erasing it