Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best strains for severe chronic pain/arthritis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Mookie0608, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Hello guys. I’m in my states medical marijuana program they finally added pain to this very small list. I got cbd shark shock.

I use a pax 3

Actually though I was doing it wrong at first because I literally don’t feel different Inpaired etc. regardless of how little or many draws I take. Sorry if draw is not the correct term.

I been using the shark shock, and it’s just not helping for pain. Reduces pain little a little maybe from a 7-8 down to a 4 and lasts about 1 hour hour and a half max before pain is bad again. Unless I take 5+ draws then 35-40 minutes relief.

At the rate I’m going if I keep relying on this strain I’ll go through an ounce in no time, and it’s incredibly expensive.

Are there strains out there far better then others for severe pain? I have had dozens of surgeries and just have pain in general especially arthritis, and shark shock to me is not doing the trick. I was under the impression marijuana would give up to 6-7 hours of pain relief.

For me to keep trying the few strains they have Is just out of the question and in affordable, and I’m well off, so yes when I say nj is awful it’s awful.

I’m looking for any kind of help with strain selection that has worked for anyone currently or past.

Would appreciate any feedback/advice

• Like Like x 1
  2. here is a thread explaining how to titrate your cannabis with mimetics...
    Cannabis Black Pepper.
    add more omega three to your diet too, those omega three fatty acids are turned into the endocannabinoids that buffer pain signals... if you lack that N-3 fatty acid your endocannabinoid tone sucks..
    http://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf

3. #3 Oulde Tymer, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    I don't know what is available in your state, but in Florida we can get capsules with cannabis oil extract. These seem to work better for my pain. I'm using 10mg THC capsules of Chem Dawg (a hybrid) and they work pretty well for 4 hours or so. Of course they take 30-120 minutes to kick in. I'll use those if my pain level is pretty high but if it is lower I'll vape some Indica extract, like Grandaddy Purple. I'm new to the MMJ world, too. When you find something that works, let people know!

Oulde Tymer

• Like Like x 2
  4. I too have Arthritis there is not much of a selection where i live.

I would want to make some Green Dragon from a potent indica. PsychedelicSam suggested so as well.

This is my plan anyway, as the sativa GD i made would make you uber high but not stoned.

Have you looked into tinctures?

5. #5 CBDBurner, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2018
    If your use to being high and can still function I’d try a strain with a higher thc. I also smoke for pain and started with strains like shark shock, cannatonic, penny wise, and harlequin. I still use harlequin daily though but not alot of other cbd strains thier just to expensive. Everyone’s different so not every strain works the same for ppl but, here’s a few strains that I’ve found that work for me.
    If you want a good nights sleep try black water, God’s gift, or blue berry. Gods gift is like a muscle relaxer for real.
    The 1st few hrs of waking up I use harlequin, penny wise, quarkle they keep me focused, and productive. Although it doesn’t take 100% of my pain it’s enough to get through my work day.
    At home I go with a hybrid or indica- sour bubba, sour kush, headband, black berry, Obama’s kush, sour diesel, perma frost, Larry og etc.
    it takes awhile to find your strain sometimes but when you do stock up. I treat my strains like med I keep them on hand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Strains with a high CBD content at no more than a 50/50 ratio CBD/THC will be best. Selecting from a checkbox list showing strains with cannabanoid content all over the map is a fool's errand. I've had better results lately with strains containing the highest possible CBD, eaten raw with some type fat content (peanut butter, cream cheese, whatever) to support bio-availability.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. #8 CBDBurner, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2018
    Thc kills pain as well. I’m not tryin to argue with ya or say I know better than u man. But I’ve been dealing with this for 2+ yrs I started with cbd and built a tolerance to it. I had to switch to thc strains due to cost. The strains I mentioned work for me the website is strains ppl claim work for them. Nuthin wrong with givin someone options.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I understand. Here in jersey at $130 a quarter trying to save as much as I can without waiting it. So far AC/DC, and cbd shark shock don’t offer much relief, all though the one time I guess I smoke to much of the shark shock 3/4 of a joint I got incredibly high and pain free for a good 2 hours u til it slowly started coming back. Makes me wonder if I’m doing my vaporizer wrong because it produces little vapor of any and I nevertheless been high even off a hit of sour og, and My first joint of the shark shock was like a high I had not sure if the strain but street name was kine/kind bud years ago. Just not really been cost effective as of yet for that solid 4 hours of relief I was hoping to get. Edibles are not really an option as I’m not sure how to make them, and we’ll i need instant relief. Rather get the relief I need immediately and smoke or vape ever 3-4 hours then take an edible and wait up to 2-3 hours for it to kick in may last a lot longer but it’s the initial fast relief I need most days. Plus the doctor said if I can use a vape I can save a lot of money and make a topical out of the avbs.

9. Jeez that's just ridiculous. Nationwide de-scheduling can't come soon enough. The last ounce of my favorite daytime strain called The Wife available here locally at 20:1 CBD/THC was $40.

10. Yeah it’s crazy. Only 5 dispensaries to but the average seems to me $65 an 8th $130 a quarter. I’m thinking

1. It’s new Jersey
    2. Limited supply supply and demand no dispensaries are within 15 miles of each other.

They swear the state makes them charge so much because it costs millions to start up a dispensary. I’m like when can we catch up to times and see Oregon $100 an ounce prices. I even told the lady I thought he purpose was to put drug dealers out of buisness. Not charge more then street value. Top it off you have different grades of weed yet it’s a flat price across the board, and not to sound stupid or anything but at least the one dispensary close to me has 0 security. There’s nothing saying you won’t get robbed on your way out of the parking lot etc, plus the cops can be a hassle. They been robbed before too including recently.