Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best strains for PTSD triggered bipolarism

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by PerciHade, Apr 26, 2015.

1. I have severe PTSD that triggers bipolarism; for folks who have much the same issues, what strains of medicinal weed worked best for you?

A little background: I just got my medical card and have been researching strains. I've read that these strains tend to work well for PTSD

Blue dream
    Chocolope
    Chemdog
    White widow
    Blueberry

Does anyone have experience with these strains? How effective were they? Did you have better symptom management on another strain?

I know it's a process to select one that works best for myself, but I'd like to go to my first appointment with a little fore knowledge. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 Bob Barker, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
    For my ptsd/anxiety I have found HIGH CBD(10%+) LOW THC(1-3%) works best for me. I have been using ''normal'' weed for a long time and dont get me wrong it helps but I have had better luck with AC/DC, Wilbur, pennywise in that order.

3. Anyone know about just cbd oil with 0%thc for ptsd?

4. You are going to have to experiment a little bit. However, it looks like you are leaning toward the right direction. My favorites out of that list are Blue Dream, and White Widow. White Widow is a good overall balancer for me. Blue Dream is good for me when my head is on straight. Blue Dream can send me off in the wrong direction is I'm not aware it.

You might react totally differently to those strains. The best thing you can do is sample strains. I often mix my strains, depending how I feel. I tried replacing mixing sativa and indicas with hybrids. However, it seems to work better when I mix my own flowers.

The fun part is experimenting.... :D

Believe me... Most of us have had that over-the-top stoned feeling where you wish you never heard of weed. ;)

Sometimes, I know by the first couple of hits that a strain works with my body and mind or not. Sometimes I have to give it some time and wait & see.

E

5. I've tried several high cbd strains and Blue Jay Way seems to be the best for me. AD/C is second line. Most other ones haven't affected me at all. I think my mind goes too fast for high cbd strains. However, as you can see, it works for Bob Barker.. (That just sounds funny right there... :D ).

I started growing Swiss TSU. I'll have wait to see if that strain works out.

E

6. Hey,

Now, this is where my (unofficial) OCD kicks in... :O

Make sure you have your "safe" place. I think you guys know what I'm talking about.

I made my bedroom my safe place. I have a wife and kids. So, that was the only place we could agree upon that would be the best. Now, when I get to that point, I know I can just walk in my bedroom and close the door. Sometimes, I can't even tell my wife anything and I just get up and leave so I can lock myself in the bedroom and medicate & meditate. Also, if I'm ever driving and get to that point, I pull over and do the same.

The only music I can listen to now is new age type music. Specially, I can only listen to Steven Haplern. It helps get me back to center. I now play it throughout the day for my whole family. It really changes the dynamics in the house.

Oh yeah. Avoid the triggers and get to know your red flags.

For me, the doctors know that adrenal are operating in the 90% to 100% range. To sum it up, I'm in the "fight or flight" survival 100% of the time. The doctors are all aware of my past physical traumas. It's interesting how almost all of my physical traumas had happened over 15 years ago and that the physical symptoms had only surfaced in the last 5 years.

I'm going through autoimmune issues (Lupus and/or Celiac's) and fibromyalgia. I'm male in my early 40's and this started in my late 30's. I am totally outside the "normal" range of people who get theses issues. Since I didn't have any test done before "my tipping point," we are unable to determine if my adrenals were going full blast the whole time or if my health challenges triggered it. (I was under A LOT of stress when my body started not to be able to keep up with my on-the-edge/on-the-go life style.)

Anywho... Time for some God's Gift. I love that stuff too.

E

7. @monkey much the same with delayed PTSD! Unfortunately my triggers are anyone who has authority over me, including police, my Prozac prescribing doctors, any doctor really, my landlord, etc. minimizing triggers for me means retreating on a long camp trip where I see no one but my dog and partner
    It's another reason why therapy won't work for me, also. It's incredibly frustrating!
    Sorry for the long response, haha. It's always nice to know someone else knows and understands!

@OP
    I got some MailMan and that put me to sleep nicely. I have one more sativa dominant strain to try before I test my indica strains

The real problem for me, being unemployed, is price point. The mailman was GREAT on price point and my response to it, so I'm feeling confidant stepping forward. I do want to try white widow too now....

Sooooo.... What's your a favorite indica?

Peace out

8. #8 Monkey55, May 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015
    Hey Perc,

It's weird, huh? I posted this up because I know that not too many people talk about it. It took me a long to to really get honest with myself and my wife.

I sometimes wish I could get up and go off-roading and/or camping whenever I want. I have a family to think about. I'm also out of work.
    It's interesting that you mention your dog. I have never been a dog person. However, dogs have always either really liked me or would bark at me. Over the last few months, I've gotten closer with my dog. Maybe because I'm trying to garden more. However, it is really calm when I'm centered and he stays away from me before I even realize that I'm going to spiral.

I've always heard that animals can sense things like that. I now see it.

I try staying away from full indicas because they knock me out. God's Gift is ranking at #1 for me. I like Skywalker OG; i just can't get it that often. I've had some Bubba hybrids that I like. I just bought a Lemon OG Kush clone. So, by Oct, I start experimenting with that. I think I'll call that one Liss Bliss.

If the name of a strain doesn't sound good to you, don't try it. Go with your gut instincts. You probably have figured out that if you listen to your instincts, they will usually steer you in the right direction.

I can see how authority figure triggers can put you in touchy situations.
    Hang in there...

And... Stay Away From The Man... ;)

E

9. I do not have PTSD, but I can say that out of that list I personally find blue dream to have the most relaxing, calming effect. Hope that helps