Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best strains for depression and body pain?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by HomerSativa, Apr 20, 2011.

1. As a recovering opiate addict I've been on a partial opiate antagonist(I dont think I supposed to talk about other drugs, though this was through my dr.) for 2 years. My Dr is happy I cant get off what he is giving me(He is my last drug dealer ever!!). This stuff is so hard to kick I'm down to less than one mg a day but the withdrawls are hellish and has been going on for weeks. I know I can kick it but the depression has been darker than in a long time. I am looking for suggestions on what strains would best help someone with cronic pain and depression issues. I cant say I'll every trust a dr again after this evil drug. Thank god for mary jane, I trully belileve she is why I have gotten this far. So I want to see If she can help me with more spesific issues:rolleyes:.So what are the best strains for 1. depression and 2. cronic pain from a wreck.
    Thanks to anyone who chimes in and Happy Jack Herer Day 420!!!!!

2. Just about any strain

3. So what your saying is when a despensory says 'this strain is better for insomnia and this other for pain' there full of it? That all strains have the same effect. I dont think I can buy that.

4. Can you grow?
    If so, go for some Haze strains
    Super Silver Haze, Mango HazeXAfghan Skunk, Critical Haze from Mr Nice Seeds
    Blue Dream (Clone only I think)
    Strawberry Cough from Dutch Passion Seeds
    SSSDH, OG Chem Haze, Chemy Jones from Connoisseur Genetics
    Those should all help with the depression and most with the body aches, sativas tend to help me more with pain since it takes my mind off it unlike indicas

5. Check out my thred calyxz. I might not get in high times but for one year at it I've got higher quality than budz than most of my life. So I can grow good enough for me:wave:.
    Haze strains you say. And sativas less likely to couch lock, thats good. Thamks for the helpful input!

6. Those buds look awesome man. Real frosty nugs from the looks of it. I'd say you are set on growing some good bud for yourself

The only problem with Haze strains is they stretch like crazy and take a good amount of time to flower. Most are haze hybrids though so the stretch is about 3X, and the flower time is normally about 10-12 weeks, sometimes longer. They usually are crossed with a heavy indica which adds a little of the pain relief with mostly head effects. Check out some grow/smoke reports on different sativa strains. It'll give you a good idea of what to expect with the growing and end product

7. Cool, thanks bud. That is a long grow, but sounds well worth it.