Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Strains For Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by starryeyezz, Apr 28, 2013.

1. & is indica better or sativa for treating it like in general?

2. I have terrible anxiety and sativa make me freak out but thats just me. I could be the only one that this happens to. I prefer indica becaise of the stoned feeling it gives me

3. I'd have to agree, indicas tend to knock me out nicely before sleeping, thus avoiding the panic attacks that can wake you in the middle of the night due to anxiety or stress.

I'd like to hear more on the medical side of this too though. Don't have enough detail to provide specific strains.

4. Try a hybrid with sativa dominant and some indica for the stony feel.

I like the strain cinex. If u can get hands on that try it.

Oh gravitys another good one for night time use

5. i dont want one that will knock me out tho cos i like to smoke during the day & stuff.

6. For me, master kush, bubba kush.....The best strain I've ever had, only had it once, was grape ape.

7. i actually find sativas help my anxiety more than indicas. gives me a nice happy upbeat high that keeps me from worrying.

8. You may have something more than anxiety because everyone I have ever met with anxiety love the stoned high, I myself treat for being a psychotic and a nice cocktail of cbd myrceen And linalool in a sativa dominate blend actually helps me a lot and gives me the feeling of having some emotions, one of my friends who thought they had anxiety had a similar preference to you they later found out they were minorly OCD

9. I'm old school. Any strain takes my anxiety away if i smoke enough of it.

10. I sadly have been diagnosed with acute anxiety disorder from a number of drs. And yes Sativa actually do help, we're all different man hahaha

11. #11 GrapeStreet, May 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2013
    Oddly enough, some patients that suffer anxiety prefer the "rushy sativas", similar to the idea of an ADD patient taking Ritalin. ei. NYCD, Super Silver Haze, Bruce Banner, Sour D, Chemdawg, Headband

However, I tend to recommend mellow indicas or heavy indicas for anxiety, such as Kushes or OGs (yes, OG is a hybrid, but it's effects are predominantly narcotic and sedative, thus an Indica by effect).

The most common negative side effect of those rushy sativas IS anxiety, so be careful if you're not familiar with them. They can often lead to the "paranoid" or "jumpy" feelings that are not what someone with Anxiety is looking for.

You may also have good results from "Cerebral Sativas" as they have much less of the "edgy" feeling and more of a "focused" feel, keeping you aware and awake, but shutting up the chatty parts of the brain and allowing you to focus on your tasks at hand.

I'd suggest indica dominant strains, and Kushes specificially. Hope this helps. :smoke: If you're in Denver, stop by Verde Wellness and say high. :wave:

12. #12 Talc, May 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2013
    I was diagnosed with PTSD rather recently, and I know that something with a higher amount of cannabidiol in it would help take me off high alert and probably open me up to enjoying my life again - but I have no idea what to look for.

Now, it's still not legal where I live, and even if the bill is passed I don't know that PTSD would be on the list of treatable conditions, but it probably doesn't hurt to know just in case.

13. Indica only for me. Sativa gives me hypochondria. Alien Dawg is the sheeeeeiiiit.

14. Growing your own buds also allows you to choose the exact strains that work best for you. One of the best things you can do to relieve anxiety is get your body moving.

15. Cannatonic, developed for pain and anti-anxiety. You can get acclimated to it though and get shorter highs. Just keep switching strains every couple of days or make salads to keep the tolerance down. :smoke:

16. anything 100% indica

17. For me the best strains that Help my anxiety are sativa dominant or about 50/50 hybrid. I would highly suggest Blue Dream, Chocolope, chem dog, Atmosphere. But again it really is personal preference. What I did was become a medical patient and then start trying out various strains.

18. Depend on you, you trying to relax and ease off the anxiety, or you trying to shake off the anxiety trying to go out and explore the world.

I recommend GreenCrack or Blueberry  :bongin: