Best strains for anxiety and depression?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Honest American, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Have you tried Acapulco Gold or Jack Herer?

2. #22 Shiva Blaster, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
    Their C99 is the real deal, it was created using the original Bros Grimm C99 stock.....it's a near perfect strain in that it is awesome across the board: ease of growth, taste, smell, yield, potency, and short flowering time for a sativa (9 weeks for me some chop at 8).  

I've yet to have a bad experience with any Female Seeds stock, I've grown out their Bubblegummer and WWxBB and they were both great strains too.   In fact, the Bubblegummer has been the indica-dom strain that I've been using lately for anxiety.....stuff glues me to the couch and lets me turn my brain off, haha.  You should definitely try their C99 though, it's their flagship strain and won't disappoint. 

3. #23 Shiva Blaster, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
    This is very interesting!   I started Celexa about a month ago for anxiety and OCD tendencies......found my tolerance went WAY up and that it takes me a lot more to get stoned, I don't get as high, and it doesn't last as long.    Didn't know if it was just me or not, now I see that it isn't.    Luckily, I had about 6 ounces of popcorn saved up and I made a massive ISO run and have some incredibly potent oil that knocks me on my ass!    :)

4. I am def ordering some more fem seeds, the iced grapefruit i got from them is dank as fuck and i am very pleased, all the phenos i grew out seems to be bout the same so far, some heavy yielders but all the same smell and taste.

5.  this is very true, and exactly what i notice too.  if you are already anxious it can and probably will make it worse, especially with too much.  the c99 ive grown was also from female seeds.  and also right on the money about depression... you feel like crap from sitting in too much and bored? take a few hits of it and you wont even care anymore, sit back and kick on some documentaries or something interesting, you wont regret it.

6. Indica. Blue Dream.

Can you buy Iced Grapefruit in U.S.
    Can you buy seeds in the US in general?

8. kind of off subject, but screw any ssri, they will mess with you bad(for most people).  a pretty safe alternative ive found is syrian rue.  its a natural maoi and you dont need to really watch your foods with it either.  very helpful imo.  DO NOT TAKE IT WHILE ON SSRI's there are risks when mixing those 2 types of medications, just to be on the safe side, make sure you are off of ssri's for about 2 weeks or more if you are going to try it.  

they are tiny little seeds, grind them up in a coffee grinder, and make it into a tea.  boil for 15-30min then reduce down to a shot and filter out the solids. dosage depends but anywhere from 1-3grams, it can make you sick if you take too much 3+ grams, or eat the seeds whole, from what ive heard. id start on the low side to get a feel for it.  its quite sedating and can be mildly hallucinogenic, so be safe.   

just sharing my experiences and i do not recommend, or suggest it to anyone.. proceed at your own risk. :)

9. It's definitely my active/daytime smoke......I've been working on my home recording studio all weekend and my C99 keeps me going all day and feeling great.    Such an awesome strain, will always have a place in my line-up.  I'm a week away from harvesting a Female Seeds Grapefruit which is a C99 cross (listed as 75% C99).    Has the same growth pattern and bud structure to the C99, but will take 2 weeks longer to flower.....has an amazing funky Grapefruit smell to it, with a hint of skunkiness that isn't there with the C99.....can't wait to see how she smokes and her effects.   A lot of reviews mention that it is a great happy high that is perfect for depression.

i cant wait to share some stuff im making atm.. its a c99 cross with a very nice skunk haze cross, massive buds, fast flower, more calming than original c99 with the same smell(fruit punch/pineapple) i couldnt have asked for more.. im in the process of cubing it to isolate the phenotype, then if needed ill outcross to rks for some hybrid vigor.. should be perfect for anxiety.  ive spent lots of time testing strains and playing around with breeding to get a perfect mix, thats just right for people with the same issues.  it sure is coming along nicely :)

11. Yeah I feel like I get less stoned from smoking on antidepressants too. Congrats on ditching the pills I would like to do the sane some day but my current job is stress city so that may be down the road a bit.

Mildly hallucinogenic eh? Never heard of this, have tried St John's Wart, Sam-e, and fish oil supplements.

13. yes its quite strong by its self, first you feel like your eyes get heavy, things look a little brighter and shiny very few faint trails, mild closed eye visuals, and have some very vivid dreams for about an hr or so then i wake up.  in my experience it only really lasts for about an hr, and its not very intense at all, but everyone is different.  after the initial effects wear off, i seem to be in a better mood for a while(few days), and sleep better.  also there are a few other things that i find helpful if i stick to taking them daily... rhodiola rosea, and bacopa for anxiety/depression then i also take noopept to help fight the amnesia effects of taking benzos(xanax and klonopin)  ive been able to completely get off of everything, and now if i have a bad day i am down to about 1/4 the dose of benzos i had to take before, for panic disorder.  research these things, they could be helpful.  much safer, and little to no side effects, compared to the pills doctors throw at you.