Best strains for 1st try

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MountainTime, Mar 21, 2018.

1. i havent grown in 20+ years and I know a lot has advanced. I am in a mountain climate...temperate rainforest, actually...I am looking for something relatively low maintenance, as I have a ridiculous schedule and can’t spend too much time checking and babysitting. Lean towards sativa preference. Any suggestions? Plenty of sun but probably have to start inside and move out...last frost end of April sometimes and first is usually by end of September. Would appreciate any thoughts.

2. If you're possibly going to run short on grow season from being too cold I would consider trying auto flowering plants. I'm in Alaska and probably going to try some outdoors this year. Previous attempts at outdoor never mature before it gets too rainy and cold here. Autos solve that problem.

Mephisto genetics makes some of the best.

Other then that White Widow is a great starter strain that is very easy to grow IMO. I would recommend against a sativa. They are more tropical plants, They grow stretchy, tall, and have much longer maturing times on average. Sativas are more of an advanced growers project but you can do anything you want.

3. Thanks....sorta gathering the sativa lean is not gonna be ideal. Looking at something autoflowering and at least indicate heavy hybrid. Widow/Ak??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I'm not experienced with autoflowers but I know they have ruteralis genes mixed in so they should be more cold tolerant then other hybrids. Indica leaning would also be more cold tolerant since many of those are from mountainous regions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Green Crack is a great easy to grow, "sativa dominant strain" with good yield.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I would recommend a Northern lights auto. Whether it is from Royal queen seeds or Dinafem it will be a great choice

7. Thanks all, for the recommendations

8. As a Sativa lover myself I highly recommend Ace Seeds out of Spain. They have Sativas that are bred to finish in northern, cold, and rainy climates. Namely their Bangi Haze and NepJam strains.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

9. Good to see you around bud!