Best strain to ignore?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by HughJass, Mar 15, 2010.

1. #1 HughJass, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2010
    I know I said I'm working on a stealth cab, but I have an outdoor growing question too...

I have a piece of land very far away in another province that I don't get to very often, maybe 3 times a year thanks to work. If I could plan one trip in the spring and one trip in the fall, I was wondering if I could get a couple of plants grown. The spot has very good growing conditions...privacy, good soil (agricultural area), small creek nearby, unobstructed southern exposure.

I'm going to be there this Spring while on a short business trip. I would only be able to get to the spot for a couple of hours, but I'm in a hotel nearby for a couple of days before that. I was thinking of soaking and cracking a couple of seeds in the day or two before I get there, and then find a good spot for any that happen to be ready when I get there. I'd be able to place a few around, in the hopes that one or two might be able to survive horrendous treatment like that. I can plan my next trip back whenever I thought would be the best time to catch them at the right maturity for harvest. I *might* get back once during the summer, but that's not for sure.

Can anyone recommend a hardy strain that has tough seedlings? East coast Canada climate, that's probably important to mention.

I know it's a long shot, but I thought it would be a fun experiment. It would be awesome to go back later this year and find a plant or two had made it. Sure, I could get males and females together, but at least the seeds I would get from it are from plants that survived after all that. I could use those ones next year lol

Thoughts? Suggestions?

2. No ideas? Maybe it would just be a waste of seeds.

3. I hope somebody responds too. It sounds like you have ideal conditions. I don't know which are more 'durable' or more outdoor friendly, but you could just get some plant them, and see what happens anyway. Go for it!!

4. bag seed. If it is for an experiment, I wouldn't waste the money on genetics. They biggest issue you would run into is deer, birds etc.

5. I dont have any answers for you but maybe if you planted a few seeds and they were of both genders then they'd drop seeds and then next spring theyll start to sprout, repeat. maybe you can go back in a season or two and there will be like 10 hardy plants(pollinated ones though.)yeah.

6. That's a good idea, I'll probably try that. I don't really have any bagseed, but I have some unknown strain seeds that someone gave me a while back. I'll probably try using those instead of spending money on it.

7. its a weed. when i was like 14 and new nothing about growing i planted some seeds and forgot about em for a solid 4 months. ended up walking my dog where i had planted em and i had a few 4 footers growin there. i must say they were pretty haggard but i ended up takin better care of em and got a pretty decent harvest.

if i were you, i'd get a couple stable strains so you can know how long they're expected to flower and plan your trip in the fall so you come back within that harvesting window.

8. Check out Sensi Seeds Guerrilla Gusto. Sounds like what your looking for.

9. Wow, that looks EXACTLY like what I was looking for! Thanks LOTF!

I've only ever ordered from VSB, and it looks like they don't have it. Anyone know of another Canadian seller that would carry it? Or would I have to order it directly from Sensi?

10. Not sure about Canadian Seed Companies, but you can't go wrong with attitude. It'll be at your house in a week or 2. Also note, this strain does not come feminized, so plan on germing double what your expected number of females are.