Best Strain to grow outdoors in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by SpideyZack, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Hello.

So i've been smoking for awhile and i think im ready to start growing. Although i have no idea where to start. I have read other topics and forums and guides on how to grow, but im still not quite understanding this. And most of the guides i see are either for indoor growing, or if its a outdoor growing guide, they're just assuming you're in a good state to grow like Cali. And if anyones lived in Chicago Illinois, they would know that the weather here is crazy and unpredictable. So here is my question. Im gonna be growing in one of the forest preserves and i wanna grow indica. What indica strain has the best genetics for growing outdoors in Chicago climate? And when should i plant the actual plant to the ground? Like around April/May? I dont know so im asking for help. No rude comments or responses like "hurr hurr common sense bruh lelelele" because im a newbie at this kind of thing. And whoever gives me real facts and info, thank you. And excuse me if i seem new, because i just made an account today lmao  :smoke:

Happy Toking:smoking:  :bongin:

2. Starting with your first question, choose an indica that you would like to smoke.  In your clime (which is very similar to mine) you can grow just about any kind of indica.  Many of the seeds that you purchase from overseas are hybrids, and most will finish in our growing season (apprx mid October).  Late April, any time in May, and 1st week of June are all good planting dates.  Use a date and time that works well for you.  Outdoors, you can plant directly into the soil, but I prefer starting my seeds indoors in April and transplanting them to their new outdoor location.  That's up to you, too.   Good luck.

3. Yeah thats what i was planning on doing was to plant it late april or around May and to first grow it inside and then move it to the forest i just wasnt sure. Thank you  :)

And if anyone else has anything else to say feel free. The more knowledge the better :smoke: