Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best strain for social anxiety?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Noxnoctum, Jan 19, 2010.

1. A beer, shot or glass of wine takes all paranoia away.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Get a sativa that is chill and not racy I really like super skunk

Your absoluely right, theres this book "Hardwiring Happiness" written by a neuroscientist Rick Hanson , and he demonstrates why we actually hardwire ourselves to be depressed, anxious, or happy.  

he says think about walking around picking berries for years, you wont remember each day, but say one day you get bit by a spider while picking berries, we wont ever forget that one particular bad day,  from then on we will always have fear of picking berries and the more we think about it, the harder we "hardwire" it into our brains.

Just like you said feeling good long enough HARDWiRES the brain into feeling good here's the QA from amazon>

Q. What does it mean to “hardwire happiness,” and why is it important?
    A. Whether we are happy or sad, loving or angry, or wise or foolish depends on what's inside the brain. Bringing good things into your brain is the key to well-being and effectiveness, psychological healing, creativity, and spiritual practice.
    So, how do you get good things-such as resilience, self-worth, or love-into your brain? These inner strengths are grown mainly from positive experiences. Unfortunately, to help our ancestors survive, the brain evolved a negativity bias that makes it less adept at learning from positive experiences but efficient at learning from negative ones. In effect, it's like Velcro for the bad but Teflon for the good.
    This built-in negativity bias makes us extra stressed, worried, irritated, and blue. Plus it creates a kind of bottleneck in the brain that makes it hard to gain any lasting value from our experiences, which is disheartening and the central weakness in personal development, mindfulness training, and psychotherapy.
    To solve this problem, I developed the four HEAL steps of taking in the good: Have a positive experience; Enrich it; Absorb it; and if you like, Link it to negative thoughts and feelings to soothe and eventually replace them.
    Q. Is it really possible to overcome this Stone Age negativity bias? How much time does it take?
    A. Your brain is constantly changing its structure based on what you think and feel; scientists call this “experience-dependent neuroplasticity.” When you take in the good, you take charge of this structure-building process.
    Hardwiring happiness is not mere positive thinking, which is usually wasted on the brain. It's about transforming fleeting experiences into lasting improvements in your neural net worth. It usually takes less than half a minute. Any single time you do this won't change your life. But half a dozen times a day, day after day, you really can gradually change your brain from the inside out.
    Q. What could I get out of doing this?
    A. Besides building up specific inner strengths such as determination or feeling cared about, taking in the good has additional, general benefits. It's a way to be active rather than passive-a hammer rather than a nail-at a time when people feel pushed and prodded by events and their reactions to them, a way to build oneself up when the world is wearing you down. When you take in the good, you treat yourself like you matter, which is especially important if you haven't mattered enough to others. And over time, you could sensitize your brain to positive experiences, so it becomes more efficient at learning from them: making it like Velcro for good.
    This is the good that lasts. Many little moments add up to big results over time.
    Q. Some researchers believe that there is a happiness set point; do you agree?
    A. This was the idea that people tend to return to their baseline after a big positive or negative experience-which was used sometimes to argue that there is no point in trying to become happier since we'll just sink back into our old ways.
    More recent research has shown that many people do gradually lift their happiness set point over time. But we have to earn this happiness. We have to do the work . . . which, in terms of taking in the good, is pretty enjoyable!
    Q. Is taking in the good just another way to chase after positive experiences?
    A. By incorporating these positive experiences into your brain-by building up the sense of being already happy, loved, and peaceful-you won't have to seek out those feelings outside yourself. Your well-being will become increasingly unconditional, less dependent on external conditions like a partner being nice or having a good day at work. Experiencing that your deep needs are basically met, there's no basis for the craving and clinging that lead to suffering and harm for yourself and others.
    This practice (both the most pleasurable and the most powerful way to defeat the negativity bias and to build up inner strengths) brings you home-home to a comfortable intimacy with your own experience, to a confident openness to life, and to a sense of competence, even mastery, with your own mind.

4. High CBD strains are excellent for anxiety and social anxiety. I have been using Cannatonic daily for months now and it has changed my life for the better dramatically. I can speak in front of large groups of people without getting nervous like I used to. I can talk to girls, I can talk to strangers walking down the street. I don't feel like an introvert anymore, it's crazy. I feel so relaxed when I'm on Cannatonic, it's amazing. There's plenty of high CBD strains; ACDC, Harlequin, Great White, Sour Tsunami, Cannatsunami, Johnny Wonder, Johnny Tonic, Valentine X, Charlotte's Web. Definitely try them, they don't get you baked they just make you feel relaxed and wonderful. They're also excellent for pain because CBD is an awesome anti-inflammatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. yes  you can smoke   you can forgot  your all stress and  thinking  about  just postive.

6. Blue OG & anything that's got good Cheese in it works best for me. My Blue OG felt around 60indica 40sativa and that's what i recommend for social anxiety. The sativa influence will stimulate you enough to become gregarious but the overload of strong indica on top (if you choose the right strain) provides anxiety relief.

7. Stuipid fuck he said it makes u stuipid for hours . Stfu with your anxiety problem u nerd . Stfu smoke ur weed and get some bitches yo .

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Haha yea yo same

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app