Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Strain for Social Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Gramdatweed, Jan 19, 2014.

1. I suffer very bad anxiety to where all I think about is someone is talking about me 24/7 it's got really bad and so far I I've been trying out Girl Scout Cookies but hasn't helped it that much any strains in mind to help?Grasscity App

2. O.T
    when you go out does it feel like everyone around you is looking at you,when they are really not?

3. I'm not totally sure what actual strain would be good but I do know if you have anxiety you should avoid sativas. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #4 Tree Of Life, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    I used to have bad anxiety and I actually found sativas to be good. Not just any sativa though, it would have to be a hybrid like Sour Diesel or Headband. And if he wants something that has a little indica feel to it I'd say OG Kush. All 3 of those strains are great for anxiety, stress and depression.

5. #5 Martymar59, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    I'm gonna break it down to you,,, WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF YOU IS NONE OF YOUR BUISSNESS !! that's it! Think of it this way, Am I so fuckin important that I am the center of attention ? I had this problem and Mary Jane only compounded the problemSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. High CBD strains are incredible for managing anxiety.

For social situations, I like a 1:1 ratio of THC to CBD. I have a strain with 12/12% THC/CBD and it's super mellow and calm, with just enough buzz to feel good but not overwhelming at all.

7. #7 -Martyr, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    The best strain for this is actually called GetTheFuckOverIt. It's a hybrid of Courage Kush and Strawberry Socialite.

Jokes aside, unless you're willing to dedicate a lot of time and resources to just tracking down specific strains to fix this one problem, it makes me think that you just don't want to take the more traditional and sober route of psychologically reevaluating yourself. I can't imagine you smoking many strains and being out in public, where it wouldn't only add to your awareness of other people and the possibilities of what they are thinking. You just have to calm down and accept that you can't possibly know what others are thinking, nor should you feel that you're even at the center of everyone's world just because you're insecure. Slowly immerse yourself and interact more and more with strangers or mutual friends/acquaintances of friends you already have. Social anxiety only goes away by learning to cope with various social scenarios to the point where they become trivial and routine. This isn't something that needs to be solved with weed.

People with depression and anxiety get told to just "get over it" all the time, and this advice is completely useless. If it was as easy as tricking yourself into not feeling a certain way, anxieties would not exist.

I'm not saying that behavioral modification can't help- it's actually one of the most helpful solutions, but acting like it's just a simple choice the patient can make is ignorant.

9. #9 -Martyr, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014

I know it's not as easy as saying "get over it", which is why I said "jokes aside".

10. I've had social anxiety most of my adult life. A constant nagging voice in my head making me feel bad and insecure, the same voice that assumes the worst in people and tells me i'll fuck things up before I even try.

It never went away, I just know how to ignore it now. Sometimes I can't fall asleep because it won't stop nagging me.

There are pharmaceuticals that would deal with this pretty effectively, but they have really unpleasant side effects, so I just live with it.

The CBD however, seems to shut that voice up for an hour or two, with almost no side effects. Really useful stuff.

11. [quote name="Lebowski" post="19376439" timestamp="1390261917"]High CBD strains are incredible for managing anxiety.For social situations, I like a 1:1 ratio of THC to CBD. I have a strain with 12/12% THC/CBD and it's super mellow and calm, with just enough buzz to feel good but not overwhelming at all.[/quote]This exactlySomething with high CBD. I can't smoke anything else or it will actually make my social anxiety like 10x worse.Unfortunately I can't grow, and I can't get medical, so I can't smoke around people

12. #13 GreenTramp, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    Critical Mass, Skunk Haze, Sweet n' Sour Widow, and my favorite Cannatonic are 1:1 ratio blends that have worked wonders in helping me combat my PTSD and SAD and, if you can find the genuine thing (which can be difficult in the U.S.) I would really recommend you give one of them a try.
    I don't recommend you take a street-dealer's word on the chemical content of his product. The safest bet, if it is an option for you, is to work directly with a grower or shop that has their strains lab tested and choose the one with the highest CBD (Cannabidiol) content, as others have mentioned above. Cannabidiol it self has high anxiolytic and antipsychotic properties that aren't found in THC, so choosing a strain based solely on THC content very well may leave you in that worse place than when you started if you plan on being around groups of people or in places that you feel exposed / unsafe. But if you can't know the chemical content of your plant for sure and just want to get high, then try to do it in a place that you feel safe and are only going to be around those that you trust, if anyone.

I hope you're able to find a strain and situation that works for you

13. Catpiss 90/10 Sativa dominant hybrid works great for me

14. #15 Sahid, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014

Dude I have the same problem i had social anxiety since elementary school, although its mostly gone now, I find that if i smoke in public i get anxiety and paranoia on the other hand if i smoke indoors i feel chill and like my worries are gone. Definitely indicas would help alot.

15. Subscribe to leafly they break all the strains down for you Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I have had excellent results with dj shorts blueberry, it was a 2 in 1 deal for me, i originally used it for my stomach problems but then found it helped tremendously with anxiety Remember though everybody is different n you have to find what works for you

My first strain was a medical Sour Kush....

Strong at first few hits...like taking off on a spaceship, but hella worth it once you reached the peak and the meds just rolled off for hours...I would toke midday, late nights....wake up feeling like anxiety never existed.

18. Good weed is the best. 

19. Indica strains. BUT...you need to understand that Cannabis doesn't fix it. It just increases your level of "I don't give a fuckedness" to a level where you don't give a shit what people think. And that might make you giggle in public. Sativas might put you over the edge. Indica is calming...sativa is more uplifting. You might find that Indica's for going out and Sativa's for staying in will help on both levels. What you need to deal with "them" and what you need to deal with YOU.