Best strain for short grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 141820, Dec 29, 2009.

1. I was just wondering if i could get some sugestions on a strain to use with my grow. my cab is 2ft widex 1.3ft deepx 2.5-3ft tall depending on the lights i go with. so i was just getting some opinions on strains to use and i was thinkin of gettin femed seeds so i know i have females cuz i am using a 10 gal tub with 2 plants. That way i don't have to worry about a male and seperating them. I also plan on vegging untill i can top once that way i have 4 colas and then putting into 12/12 as soon as i top, b/c i know the height will be an issue. i am not looking for a huge yeild seems this is my first grow, i would just like to get my feet wet and get a grow under my belt. Thank you in advance for any input.

2. Sounds like maybe auto-flowering strains would be good for you.

3. Can i top autos to get several colas? or would it be possible to scrog autos?

4. #4 ipack, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009
    This is a good one, high yielding and potent for an auto

Lowryder Easy Ryder AKA Lowryder #2 x AK47

Done this next one many times, stays nice and shrubby in a 1 or 2 gallon pot

Lowryder #2 Feminized

You can also look into low stress training. If it's your first grow, I would do a bagseed and low stress train it so it doesn't get tall inside your cab

no you can't, it puts too much stress on the plant for it to recover in time to increase your yield. You could however, top and FIM a regular plant that you had tied down as much as you wanted

edit: technically I should say that it's POSSIBLE to top an autoflowering plant, Just wouldn't increase your final yield

5. Thank you i think i might go with bagseed for a first grow and see how i do in such a small space. I am still interested in thoughts on strains i should try in this setup.

6. Belladonna is a great choice. 2.5ft is the usual max and the yield is tremendous for a plant that size. I have one in now with a huge main cola and over thirteen branch sites. Lowryder crossed with Blueberry would be even better. Smaller yield but better smoke.

7. Northern Lights, Indica strain, Very easy plant for the first time grower, great for indoors\outdoor, short, bushy, good yeild indoor or out.

8. I agree with the others, an auto ak-47 or blueberry would be great options and good smoke...but, starting with bagseed is a wise choice for the first grow or two. Good luck and post back with any questions.

9. if you check your plants daily, you can train any sativa using LST to keep em short. i love easyryder tho.

10. What about using bagseed and just putting the plants on 12/12 after only 4 weeks of veg?

Then use LSTing or SCROG method?

Im doing that with 2.5 foot of height...

11. #12 SiRbUdZaLot84, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2009
    Go with some bagseed your first grow to work out the kinks then I would probably go with the Nothern Lights. Any Lowryder strains are good to because they only grow about 1ft. and can be on 24 hours of light and will autoflower, No need to change to 12/12. Most seed websites will let you know the specs. on most strains including the plant's max height and yield. Hope that helps.

12. The thing with bagseed is you dont know what you will get.
    I may never make a bud, it may not like indoor growing, it could do all kind of weird shit depending strain of the parents.
    Good seed don't cost that much and you will invest 3+ months on the grow.

My .02