Best strain for growing outdoors midlands UK

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by JoseF, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Planning on a guerilla grow... just wondering whats the best strain to grow outdoors with minimal maintenance and a strain that will survive the short and unpredictable uk summers whilst having enough time to flower properly?

On my last grow i tried cali orange... managed to grow a female to the a size of 1.5 m but the weather turned to bad and therefore had to chop before the plant ever reached a period of flowering long enough to produce a nice smoke.

Any advice would be much appreciated...

2. A guerilla grow in the UK, the problem with the UK is the weather, which is exactly like you said "unpredictable". First off i would suggest finding a plant with an early flowering time but even then you still have the risk of rain and other conditions that could seriously damage the plant before you even see signs of flowering.

Why not try growing a Rudelaris such as Lowryder#1. You could grow a few of these plants which from seedling are ready to harvest in only 60 days regardless of light periods and only grow to height of about 70cm (low visibility). You could grow 2 crops in one summer.

Just a thought.

3. Outdoor marijuana growers in the UK and Ireland face similiar challenges to growers in British Columbia. Marijuana is a plant generally from hot and dry places with long growing seasons. BC and the British Isles from a cool damp and short growings season.

The biggest problem is mold. Mold can wipe out a crop in days. I've seen it happen. Mold resistance must be a number 1 priority when selecting cannabis seeds to grow outside in the UK or Ireland.

As usual, the Dutch has been in the forefront of developing stains that grow well in the UK climate (Dutch climate is more or the less the same as the UK).

I've put together a list of the top 6 best cannabis strains to grow outdoors in the UK (IMHO). Check it out at:

Best outdoor cannabis seeds for the UK and Ireland

Feedback appreciated. Do I have it right? What cannabis strains would you add to the list.