Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best strain for Dementia

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Pinballman1, May 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Which strain do I need to be looking for to ward off Dementia, (Which runs in my family)? I know weed will help with preventing dementia and I also know that some strains are better than others for this. Any suggestions and info would be appreciated, Pinballman1

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 nofway1, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Oh shit, be careful . Any mention or link of help and Nancy Pelosi will flip out and report you like a 3rd grade punk

3. Blissful Wizard makes me feel like I have dementia...

I hate to say it, but my gut says pot may not be good for dementia. Not a doctor. Just my 2cents.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Hey Pinball - since I've been on Medical Weed, I've found a blend that helps me focus throughout the day. Check out Leafly or Allbud and look for strains that include focus as an effect. Dementia runs in my family too so I'm hoping for the best.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the reply. I've been researching a lot and there really isn't a lot out there about weed and Dementia. I've seen where high CBD content is better for the brain but who knows. Good luck, Pinballman1

6. THC is more active in the brain as it is an agonist in the cb1 receptors ( brain receptors) . CBD antagonizes immune cell receptors ( cb2)

7. #9 Butterfat, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Off topic some but worth a listen .

Edit: talks about various mushrooms that may aid . Lions mane , fun ones ect ..

• Like Like x 1
  8. TRPV1 receptors are activated that way - ( transient receptor potential vanilloid type one) . these are heat receptors and the cannabinoids act on those as well .. especially CBD

9. [​IMG]

LOL , got this from NIH.gov . I love this kind of thing , I have been studying the digestive system and right now I am getting into the Krebs cycle , (Citric Cycle ) . I got problems with my Liver and Pancreas .

Thanks for the post . Studying amino acids and sulfur during the flowering phase .

• Like Like x 1
  10. #13 Galaxy420, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    wow man I was going to post a link to DDG images in my other post and forgot, you beat me to it LOl
    TRPV1 receptors at DuckDuckGo

the first image in your post reminds me of M 80's , about to go Off LOl

plus , the FAHH channels are the intracellular sulfur channels responsible for making the correct enzymes for breaking down the biochemical cannabinoids into elimination sequencing ..
    this is actually one proven issue with to much cannabis ingestion = using up FAAH stores in the cell ... supplementing with magnesium provides the sulfur to offset FAAH reductions in that becomes an issue ...

11. I have been dying from congestive heart failure and neuroleptic Parkinson's with dopamine blockade of receptors. I have bradykinesia, cramping, freezing, my brain goes blank and I can't learn or remember and have constipation.
    dopamine also affects heart output?

can anything help long term without causing long term damage (maybe a low 5% thc vape or edible)? is it really necessary to heat it?

how about the marijuana rx medicines like sativex in the US?

12. what is the proof for the antioxidant and anti inflammatory effect that is claimed for marijuana and cbd? is it really the best option?

13. that is a lot to take in there ... when you heat cannabis it decarboxylates it ( removal of carboxylic acid from the molecule) .. this makes the compound more bio-available for your cells to take them in and make signaling with them .
    as to long term damage , there is no long term anything except long term lipid signaling when ingesting the cannabis pl;ant ...
    sativex is a cannabis plant tincture ... you can make it , find it too = Green dragon tincture

as to proof of anti oxidant effect look up the Governments biochemistry = patent # 6630507 - cannabinoids as anit oxidants and neuroprotectants ...
    the metabolism of plant cannabinoids increases ( LOX/COX)_ lipoxygenase and cyclooxygenase pathways in the cells that are there to make lipids into signaling metabolites ( cannabinoiids) ... that is one way of observing anti oxidant effects ... carbon active phytocannabinoids are more anti oxidant

14. They are not as strict here anymore. Few years back they were hella strict and lost so many cool blades.

15. Also yes blades weed is amazing but absolutely not the cure for everything like many seem to believe. All honesty weed would make dementia worse as well as schizophrenia. What weed does help with is your cannabinoid receptors which help tell your white blood cells to attack. Weed is also a mild toxin not an anti oxidant.

16. I can't remember

• Like Like x 1