Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best strain for back pain?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by fm92, Mar 28, 2014.

1. I just got my card for scoliosis, I have so much tension and pain in my back and I have tried cheeba chews, 70mg (high CBD), as well as some orange slice jelly candy - both are ok for a few hours but I would rather vape a good strain to help my pain.

Also - I do have anxiety, so I'm hoping for some clear headed, back pain relieving, non anxiety inducing strains to try... Or is there such a thing?

Thanks for any replies!!

2. I've heard good things about Blueberry for pain relief.

3. There are too many strains that excel at pain relief to list, and most we could suggest probably wouldn't be immediately available to you anyway.

Find a good dispensary, and sample their suggested strains, try a lot of different things and find what works for you.

Most strains are pain relieving, the question is how do you want to feel in addition to that- stimulated, sedated, calmed, euphoric, clear headed etc...

4. Well I want to be as clear headed as possible and no side effects or anxiety with some great pain relief for day time use, hopefully even on work days. At this point I just do the best I can with essential oils and stretching on days where I have to work :/

5. what state are you in?

I also have back pain (and other pain) pretty bad, and I prefer to not spend my days stoned.  I like high CBD strains (like, really high, not this 0.24% silliness.)  I also find edibles to be the best for chronic pain, because they last so long.

I really like cannatonic, but I just got some illmatic that's pretty good, too.  Both of those come in around 1:1 or 2:1 CBD:THC ratio, which is a good range.  I recently got a hold of some CBDivine BHO, and that's 1:1, also.

But my favorite may very well be ACDC.  I believe it ranges from 10:1 to 20:1 CBD:THC.  And unlike Harlequin (1:1 to 5:1) or Sour Tsunami (5:1 to 15:1), it doesn't give me wicked anxiety or head-high, just pain relief with basically no "stoned" feeling.  A lot of places, you can get it in capsules, and one of those lasts about 6-8 hours for me.

6. Chronic back pain often involves inflammation, muscle spasms and/or nerve pain. Cannabis has been shown to relieve all of these symptoms. A study tested the effects of cannabis with varying THC potencies on pain relief. Those who received the highest potency, reported significantly reduced pain. 

7. I found Nirvana's Aurora Indica,and Blue Mystic,,,helped me with the pain and tension i had from spondylosis of the neck and spine,,,,no anxiety ,just nice and relaxed,,,,,,,,,Afghani is another good one as well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mac

8. I'm in Washington state, thanks for all the replies! If anyone has anymore info or ideas to help please post!! (:)

9. If you're in the Seattle area, send me a private message, and I'll let you know some dispensaries that are really good for exactly what you're needing.