Best strain for arthritis

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Crazy Eric, Aug 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Could some one tell me the best sativa strain for arthritis? Heck for that matter could I also get the best indica strain also. Hey just make it the best strain for arthritis without being specific as to 100% sativia or indica. My body is in pain.

2. ACDC is a good strain for pain. as is most things kush. if you have access to a dispensary ask them for strains with a mix of high THC and high CBD. not just one or the other. strains that are high in both work best for pain. you dont want a pure sativa for pain lol

3. H
    Hey thanks for the reply , going to get my card and need to know a hole lot. Feel free to send advice, looks like this is not Kansas any more!

4. Bruce Banner

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. ACDC, Midnight, CBD Kush.. basically anything with CBD. I have my card because of arthritis from injuries and will totally vouch for the anti-inflammatory effects.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. It's a hybrid but has sativa dominant phenotypes but Royal Queen's Dance World is an excellent strain for your needs. There is a big clue in the name as to the effects of this high CBD and moderate THC strain.

7. The best thing for arthritis, in my experience is not a strain, but the acidic form of THC, ie THCA.

It won't get you high (unless you're very sensitive to terpenes, then only slightly) and it relieves the inflammation more thoroughly than THC does. You use it either topically or eat it.

You can soak fresh buds in alcohol for a quick tincture, or in an oil for a couple weeks in a cool, dark place. Either one is good to eat or use on the joints for the pain. (check out Bad Kitty Smiles' recipe)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi, Eric - I'm brand-new here and fairly new at this medical cannabis thing. I recently got my cannabis card and have gone to a few dispensaries. So far, my experience is this: I hate smoking ANYTHING. It tastes terrible and doesn't do what the label says it will. I got a package of pre-rolled "cigarettes" called "White Widow" that were guaranteed to soothe nerves and help you sleep. I tried one, and all it did was make me want to scour my mouth and throat with a toilet brush and Comet cleanser. I felt neither soothed nor sleepy. I gave the rest to my adult daughter, who has been using illegal weed for years. She said it knocked her out. I have tried a few tinctures, mainly for anxiety, and they didn't do anything, either, except taste nasty. For me, the answer has been TOPICAL rubs. I have found one, in particular, that smells very weedy but does wonders for the arthritis pain in my low back and hips. I got it at a dispensary. It is just called "Extra Strength Rub," and I will try to copy the flea-sized print about contents: "
    THC, 320 mg; CBD, 37 mg. It is greasy, not water-soluble - you need soap to get it off your hands. Rub it in very thoroughly to whatever body part aches, so it will absorb and not stain anything. I never had any faith in topical pain relievers before, but this stuff works WONDERS. Hope you can find something similar.

9. Geez and i thought all i had to do was inhale

10. It's not your best option, but if that's all you want to do, it IS an option and will bring some relief.

11. Try looking up the potbot app. They do some intense research behind their info.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Potbot app, I assume its a downloadable application that you run from your phone?

13. It looks like it's for iPhone only. My phone is an Android.

14. I don't know what the heck my phone is. I'll have to ask my daughter. She is my go-to reference person on a lot of things!!!

15. Oh I found that it is offered in both iPhone and Android, just had to look down further! Lol