Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best strain for anxiety disorder?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by andrew256, Jul 12, 2009.

1. It stopped my panic attacks that randomly started so it did its job....I also don't want to stay on something like this long term.

2. This is a good forum for me to post... real quick, I'm a medical marijuana physician serving the Arizona area. I came onto this board looking for some possible strains that may help with anxiety. In this state marijuana is not approved for anxiety, and occasionlly some strains can make anxiety worse...

3. From my personal experience, it doesnt really matter the strain....if somebody isnt comfortable with smoking they will go into it with anxiety and the high will increase that anxiety if they are not experienced smokers...typically this comes with sativas high in THC, but that doesnt mean it doesnt happen with indicas.

I got to a point where I became comfortable with smoking and its affects, so I dont even get anxious about smoking or when ive smoked.

The way I would go is indica dominant, and go slowly....that's the best way. I was diagnosed with GAD and panic disorder after my father passed away, and don't have any issues anymore with it...I was also prescribed Lexapro which cured my anxiety and I am not off of it yet. first 2 months on it were hell.

4. I am now on lexapro...why were your two months hell? I am not far into it and while I do feel kind of weird on it at times...hasn't had a horrific effect on me either.

5. [quote name='"PharCyDeD"']

I am now on lexapro...why were your two months hell? I am not far into it and while I do feel kind of weird on it at times...hasn't had a horrific effect on me either.[/quote]

What dose and how long? I was warned by my doctor that drugs like these have such an impact on your brain chemistry that usually you'll experience the sides early on like I did

6. Dont have em on me, but I think 10mg or something...has only been a few weeks

7. [quote name='"PharCyDeD"']Dont have em on me, but I think 10mg or something...has only been a few weeks[/quote]

Well consider yourself lucky then!

8. Well, I do feel pretty fucking weird some days. Like anxious, but kind of not at the same time. Very hard to explain lol.

9. [quote name='"PharCyDeD"']Well, I do feel pretty fucking weird some days. Like anxious, but kind of not at the same time. Very hard to explain lol.[/quote]

I experienced extreme lethargy and this fear of getting out of bed, but also I didn't have the energy to. I missed like 1 month of lectures

10. Alaskan Thunderfuck LOL

11. Ya that sucks about the strawberry cough since it does work good for anxiety, I came across some strawberry cream (strawberry cough x blue dream)...(S/I)...I know this strain is all around nor cal right now in sac and all other surrounding cities. I'm bi polar and I have horrible anxiety and there are only 3 strains I will ever smoke for anxiety cuz they work like a charm everytime (for me at least)....I'm not sure if your too specific on what u prefer as far as sativa, indica, or hybrid. I looooove L.A. confidential for anxiety and its an indica,,,I also looove black widow (white widow x blackberry kush x sour diesel)....its a perfect 50/50 hybrid. And my other choice for anxiety is Herojuana OG. IF u havent tried any of those, check around and give em a try

12. I have panic attack disorder and extreme social and general anxiety and paranoia. I do not take medication because I am so worried about side effects. I read that the starin harlequin was good so picked some up. I havent smoked in a very long time because everytime I do I get panic attacks harlequin is about 8% cbd and 5 % thc I think. I have been smoking for almost 2 weeks now and it feels great. for pain i have back problems and i feel little pain now. hartlequin doesnt make you high it makes you feel really stoney. not stoned because your still coherant but it really relaxes you. I have ptsd and depression and this does not make me dwell on bad memories like some weed does. I started with 1 tiny puff once a day then twice a day. Im up to 2 large drags 3 times a day. the stoney effects dont last long.but the after effects never really go away just feel more relaxed less paranoid i can be in public with alot less social anxiety. its kinda like xanax as in you just dont give a shit about so much that you do when sober. im kinda o.c.d but not so much now. Im kinda disapointed that Im not getting too high but im happy that Im not having panic attacks whenever I smoke. ive read some comments and I think now that i have built a little tolerance I can take very small doses of indica and maybe build up to hybrid. maybe this is the key we will see. Hope this helps

13. hey hobbit....once you get your tolerance up higher your marijuana induced panic attacks will become almost non existent. Try taking baby hits throughout the day to get that extra thc in your system.....it has changed my life 100%. completely cured all social anxiety.

as far as my anxiety disorder, i am still on lexapro but will be coming off next month !

14. Right on man! That is what I was gonna refer to you because that strain has worked WONDERS with anxiety.

You could also try a small amount of blue dream, berry white or og kush. Those three strains have helped me with anxiety also. In the order of which works best for anxiety for me is as follows:

Strawberry Cough
    Berry White
    OG Kush
    Blue Dream

:gc_rocks:

15. White widow or sour deisel. A nice indica infuzed with ***** is good too.

16. #116 TokeWithPassion, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
    hey ckoko,

strawberry cough and blue dream are two of my favorites,

if u can provide some more info on this cross between the two Strawberry Dream or Cream, that would be great.

Im anxious to know who bred it and where to obtain seeds of that cross.

Thanks

:gc_rocks:

17. #117 katielady, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
    Of all the anti-anxiety strains listed here, what are the ones that won't cause severe fatigue? I am looking for something that will calm without making me sleepy for work. I take prescribed drugs, but want to get off it.

welcome to the city..
    please take a moment and read the rules, we do not allow talk of drugs other 
    then mj, this is why ive edited your post...

Thank
    YODA

18. My doctor did recommend Hybrid at day, and Indica at night. But what's the best time, and how often should I light up? Hybrid in the morning for breakfast, and indica if I happen to go out that night?

19. Sorry if I broke the rules with my post, apologies. And thank you to others for the feedback. I have had mild anxiety for years, and have periods of time that I can manage on my own, but a little over a year ago my son (19) and his friend (18) were killed in a terrible accident so things have become a lot more stressful for me. I know I will have ups and downs for quite awhile. Grief is quite a roller coaster, especially as a parent.

20. #120 Indica90046, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    Has anyone tried CBD capsules for anxiety? i have to take a flight and obviously i can't smoke there and i can't bring my stash with me but i could take some capsules before going to the airport and it will be long flight (11 hours.) I want something that makes me feel mellow and not high or psychedelic.