Best Stoner movies?

Discussion in 'General' started by Leper-Messiah, Dec 28, 2007.

1. What are best stoner movies that you have ever seen?

for me,

Half Baked.

2. I second Half Baked.

Some other good ones are

Grandmas Boy
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
    Harold and Kumar

3. personally i like disney movies when im blazed. not like pirates of the carribean (even though it was good) or other disney movies like that, i mean mickey mouse and shit. like a few weeks ago me and my freinds popped in a goofy movie and it was awesome. most fun that i had in a while

4. Cheech and Chong: Up in Smoke is still the best stoner move.
    anyone who says otherwise needs a good talkin too.
    i dont see many younger smokers ever post about cheech and chong.

5. These aren't comedies but I actually prefer serious movies when I'm high.

Children of Men
    American History X
    Step Into Liquid

6. sorry man i just didnt think cheech and chong up in smoke was that great, honestly i really dont like most stoner movies i've seen.

7. The movies I like to watch stoned are good movies, artistically great movies. Trainspotting, Snatch, Boondock Saints, Resevoir Dogs, Fear and Loathing, Pi, Requiem, American History X.

Hopefully you guys get the type.

8. cheech and chong were good but half baked got them beat

9. How High > Half Baked IMO
    maybe i have just seen half baked too much :D

10. I've seen The Fountain a good while ago - I thought that artisticaly, it's a good movie to watch when hitting the good stuff...

Usually, when stoned, I watch Northern Exposure, to calm me down before I go to sleep, or an IMAX Documentary - that's amazing experience ;]

If you haven't seen it and still have a chance - go to a cinema that screens Beowulf in 3D, amoke before, and watch it. One in a liftime thing :D

11. Half Baked was good, watched it today actually. Harold n Kumar better though. Can't wait for their new one to come out!

12. The first 3 Cheech And Chong movies are really good (Nice Dreams is my favorite). then the obvious ones, half-baked, fear and loathing, how high, grandmas boy, harold and kumar.

13. I think the Cheech and Chong movies are good, but Half Baked I think just takes the cake.

That rhymed. :)

14. Everybody always forgets Friday / Next Friday / Friday after next (or whatever its called)

Oh and theres Evil Bong.

And Cheech and Chong's other movies are pretty good, too.

15. Where the Buffalo Roam, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Spun, Harold and Kumar, Superbad, Knocked up. many many more

16. Harold and Kumar is based right by me, so I gotta rep.

But the absolute greatest stoner movie is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Watch this movie, and listen to Hunter S Thompson's messages, as well as the ending quote. Think about it all, and chill and smoke a blunt while you do. Your friends and you will have crying eyes of laughter, your mind thinking 10,000 miles a minute, and you may be on the floor pissing yourself due to laughter.

So funny, So true. If you find yourself Fascinated in the drug culture, especially the 60's mind frame of california, Watch this movie. Simply amazing. Got me fascinated in the culture, and began my trip into it over 4 years ago.