Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best state for stoners?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by holyteen777, Dec 18, 2017.

1. I have visited Half Moon Bay a few times for the beaches. Pretty damn cold every time I've been, but I've always liked the vibe. Similar to a cold, less busy Santa Cruz.

But yeah everything here in California is super fucking expensive except the weed. I would also suggest Washington or Oregon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. Half Moon Bay is warmer in winter than more inland locations in Northern California, but not as nice as beach areas of further south. The personality of the town and environs is influenced heavily by SF and Silicon Valley commuters, who pretty much make up the population, adding a more worldly culture than other parts of California. Recreational drug use is common and highly tolerated, but there is still a meth/speed influence in the area, quite separate from the cannabis community.

• Like Like x 1
  3. check out colorado maybe. It will be more affordable all around compared to the west coast and its awesome.

4. Thanks for all the responses, y’all are making Oregon sound real nice lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #26 Deleted member 616232, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2018
    I was going to say Eugene OR too. I moved here in 1973 from Chicago because I wanted to live where it doesn't snow. Eugene is a really cool place. The rents are cheaper in Springfield, but Springfield and Eugene run together and it's like one big town. Portland is a great place but it's gotten very expensive for rent and the traffic is horrible.

Like the other poster said, Eugene has the University of Oregon and it's a very mellow hippy kind of town. It is colder in the winter than where I live, but it's also warmer in the summer. Bend is a nice town too close to skiing in the winter and it's a very progressive city.

Stay away from Medford or Ashland because it's in the 100's in the summer and it's more expensive to live there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I’m in Northern California and I love it here. Might be a little biased considering I was born and raised here but hey! Love my home! It’s not as crowded as Southern California and we have great weather and an abundant supply of herb. I’m an hour from the beach, a few hours away driving up the mountains to the snow in the winters, and I live in a suburban area so about 20-30 mins and I’m in the city! Love it here! Lived in central Texas for a year and hated it LOL had to move back home. And did I mention Cali bud is the BEST bud haha. #CaliBudOrNoBud

• Like Like x 2
  7. What part of Northern Cali? If an hour from the beach must be inland, maybe in wine country, or further north in Cannabis Country. Anyway, like your message.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I’ve lived all over Oregon ptown, eugene, coosbay, Salem, northbend, Florence, I’m in Albany now but plan to move to eastern Oregon in the next 2 years. I will never leave this state it amazing we have everything weed, wine, beer, big city, small towns, ocean, mountains, desert, rivers, lakes u name it. If you wanna have fun move to ptown or Eugene. salem sucks it’s a cop town. If u wanna live a slow moving life surrounded by tweekers and poverty definitely move to any town on the coast.

9. I am from CANADA and even I know this is a NO BRAINER
    CALI ALL DAY
    Marijuana paradise.... beautiful beachs, beautiful woman, amazing pot, reggae capital of north america... the list goes on and on and on... I wish i was born in CALI fuck canada im sick of it here

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lol seeing the place online or visiting certain parts is one thing living there and dealing with the real California is another.whole state has been ruined by big government.

11. Humboldt county. CA. A one bedroom on the coast is around $650. Trimmers come here by the thousands because since 1960 marijuana has been very popular here and even saved the community after they shut down hundreds of sawmills and fisheries. The temperature never gets below 40 and never goes above 95.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I imagine it being very expensive to live there. This is why I am sick of Toronto because you basically have to be a millionaire to survive here the average house is over 1 million. Cars cost alot more here than in USA. Gas is crazy high here too and even 45 min outside of the city the average cost of a home is well over 500,000

13. Yeah oregon has no sales tax I can live pretty comfortable on 60 a year.

14. #35 GreenMarine420, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    no sales tax? thats amazing man i did not know that..
    You guys got that fire kush too the triangle
    I thought i read in the canibible Oregon was part of the " triangle " im pretty high

15. Yeah man that’s a good strain. There will be a sales tax in Oregon some day it’s been on our ballots since the 30s but voters strike it down every time so to counteract it politicians keep raising property tax. Eventually we’ll end up like California every state will. Washington is on its way people are already leaving due to politics and inflation.

16. No. Trinity, Humboldt, and Mendocino county make the Emerald Triangle in Norther California.

17. I love Oregon. I have never been sorry I left Chicago when I was 21. It's a great place to visit in the summer time. Lake Michigan is amazing. I wouldn't want to live there though.
    We've been having some unseasonably cold weather even for here on the coast. 40 seems so cold and to think I used to live where it got down to -14.
    California is another great place to visit but wouldn't want to live there. The traffic is horrible.

I wonder if we even will pass a sales tax. It fails miserably every time it's on the ballot. The property taxes are outrageous though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thanks! I’m from sac town!! I might of been a littttttllllle dramatic with the hour to the beach statement lol more like an hour and a half to two hours

19. I left Sacramento for Oregon. I use to live in Citrus Heights