Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

best state for medical cannabis?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mrvaporist, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Im from Washington and I think its great here! Great people, great nature, shitty weather, but great bud.

2. I'm surprised to hear all the hate on California here. It's true that weed prices are inflated in Southern California, but elsewhere in the state they're the lowest in the country! In the Bay Area, it is very easy to find an ounce of lower- to mid-shelf dank for $90-110 if you are not afraid of talking to people. With medical marijuana statutes in place and growers literally everywhere, there's no reason to have that fear anymore.

I would say hands down California is the best medical marijuana state so far. We've got dispensaries, unlike the poor Washingtonians whose courts ruled them illegal, and we can do more inside the dispensaries than they can in Colorado.

On top of that our state court system/law enforcement respects the validity of medical marijuana more than any other state justice system and our laws are as of last year among the most tolerant for recreational marijuana users, unlike for example Washington where a non-patient with an unmitigated conviction for possession faces a minimum jail sentence!

California's government might be tanking and jobs might be scarce, but that's really no worse than it is everywhere right now and the state is still a pretty good place to live by continental US standards. We've got comparatively good weather, interesting and diverse nature, big cities with lots of culture and lots of sticky weed.

3. Come to Michigan! We need your vote in 2012 for the complete legalization of cannabis. :) Although some areas in Michigan are pretty ignorant about cannabis (Oakland county),the rent is cheaper and MI has tons of lakes. ok, now i´m starting to sound like a real estate agent. :p

4. #84 Husky42, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
    You do not know what you are talking about.....Please do not comment on Washington Laws when you know nothing.

We have no shortage of dispensaries nor are they "illegal" via State defined law. Everything has loop-holes just like Cali. If a city wants to close the dispensaries they can..like that of which is actually occuring in California.

Places that got raided 2 months back are nearly all re-open. Those that were doing things illegally and did not have appropriate paperwork or were found to be in confliction of the law have remained closed.

Dispensaries are "as legal" as they are in Cali using quite literally the same loop-holes (except for the sign-in/sign-out coverage rejection) - Which is what allows all our dispensaries to remain open.

Also.. minimum jail time - Not everywhere. But i do agree this is an issue in many places. While there is state ordinance citing 1 day minimum for standard possession not all counties and cities are like this. It is quite literally the lowest enforcement priority for many departments and possession charges get written out less and less. It is not perfect by any means, eastern washington is brutal in terms of conservitive sherrifs running the show and they will lock you up for 2 days no questions. But its changing, and medical is completely legit here.

California's laws that allow Medicating on site are a prime example of why the Cali system cannot be taken seriously. I disagree with on-site medicating fully.