Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

best state for medical cannabis?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mrvaporist, Nov 25, 2011.

1. ya but the fact tha you arent current would probably mean that you are not elegible to receive the badge in the first place.

my thoughts are that if you are are up to date on payments and or have a differed loan and arre still in school then you are good to go.

if you are late or behind on shit then it may pose a problem.

2. i know they are bullshit, thats why i never paid them.

but the fact is that the state still should of had a record that i hadnt paid them. unless of course they are such BS that they dont even keep track of things like that.

trust me i know they are BS. they physically have to give you the ticket in order for it to be valid, they even did a news story on it lmao. its def just a revenue generator for the state, so anyone in CO who gets a red light ticket, or even one of those speeding tickets from a camera......simply odnt pay it! :smoke:

3. I'm from Oregon it's great here!!!! Lol

4. i heard when our NJ program takes off we are going to have some dank at very reasonable dispensary prices. and our running caregivers arent extorting for there med either. just the way it should be lets hope it stays that way

5. IMO, if you're looking for a dispensary friendly state, OR/WA are not the place to go, but if you intend to grow your own meds, I wouldn't live anywhere else.

I live in WA, and we're allowed 15 plants in any stage of growth and 24ozs. dried cured smoke. OR allows 24 plants of which only 6 can be in flower. They too allow 24 ozs. bud in your possession.

Oregon requires you to register with the state after receiving your Dr's recommendation, while in Washington State, once you leave the Dr's office with your rec, you're covered. There is no state database containing WA. State MMJ cardholder's personal information.

If you intend to grow your own medicine, I vote for WA. hands down and not just because I live here but primarily because of not having to register with the state. There are some dispensaries in the Seattle/Tacoma area, but some have been raided recently. There are also Cannabis Farmer's Markets in WA.that seem to be taking hold and offer a better avenue for patients to gain access.

There are no dispensary laws on the books in Oregon, and in fact they're pretty specific in their laws concerning selling MJ even to patients. It is not tolerated.

There have been some adventurous entrepreneurs that have opened dispensaries in OR. using a vague interpretation of the laws, but several have been raided and shut down.

OR set up their laws to allow 1 grower to have up to 4 limits to include him/herself and 3 patients. The grower/caregiver in this scenario can have up to 24 plants in flower and a total of 96. The law allows the caregiver to be recompensed for his electric/fertilizers, etc and that's it. It is illegal to sell over the counter in the dispensary format.

I suppose that if you don't mind buying your meds and/or paying dispensary prices, CO or CA or any of the other MMJ friendly states would do, but if you intend to grow for yourself, OR/WA has the best laws for the grower/patient.

Their are 2 great ski areas in OR and also some in WA. We have a beautiful coast, forests and high desert so the quality of life IMO would resemble CO. I'm really surprised that most of the posters on this thread choose to buy from dispensaries.

Wherever you end up, good luck.

chunk

6. Thanks for all the good info . Yeah Im gonna be in denver/colorado if all goes well next fall at the latest :) I got another question about getting a card do you have to be a resident of the state for a certain amount of time before you can apply if so how long?

7. Man that's the way all the programs "take off" but people always find ways to try and twist the system.

8. I feel Colorado should because they have a "weed production" college where its basically a college that teaches u how to grow and stay legal and away from feds... but i lived in Cali for 19 years and i have been a lot of other places in the world and got kush and its all been mediocre at best compared to Cali kush...

9. nah dude, NJ just stated theres a 10% THC MAXIMUM....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

and no home-growing, you must buy it from a dispensary.

strictest MMJ policy in the US

10. 10% limit?!?!? thats the most retarded thing i have ever heard?!

thats means growers will have to compromise there techniques and essentially not grow a plant to its true potential in order to try and be under 10%.....man thats retarded!

i would hope someone makes the argument that stronger medicine means less smoking in order to produce effects.

11. [quote name='"yellow bic"']10% limit?!?!? thats the most retarded thing i have ever heard?!

thats means growers will have to compromise there techniques and essentially not grow a plant to its true potential in order to try and be under 10%.....man thats retarded!

i would hope someone makes the argument that stronger medicine means less smoking in order to produce effects.[/quote]

Duh... My mom says marijuana is 15% instead of 2, and I'm like... So less smoke?

12. [quote name='"HideYoChurren"']

nah dude, NJ just stated theres a 10% THC MAXIMUM....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

and no home-growing, you must buy it from a dispensary.

strictest MMJ policy in the US[/quote]

Dude this is stupid. Nobody will sign up for mmj.

13. Most definately COLORADO. I love it here! And our bud is better then whack ass cali. Cali kush is wayyyyyy overrated

14. Agree Cali Kush, well Kush in general is overrated...Kush, Diesle, Chemdog all the same shit anyway..and it all started in COLORADO...

As for the NJ 10% that is just so stupid, people will just have to smoke more quantity...

15. Nope, all you need is a driver's license or state id card. You can apply for one the day you move in and get it in the mail in about a week.

16. I thought I would add something else to this discussion. CO has great prices, great medicine and is awesome for outdoors people but the state doesn't do a great job helping patients get to know other patients. A visit to an MMC can feel like you just stopped at a gas station for cigs.

In Cali, they're a lot of holes in Prop 215 but at least they have smoking lounges. Just like Steve from Harborside says, "out of the darkness and into the light", well CO patients are still in that darkness.

The CO mmj law prohibits medicating at MMC's and makes it pretty clear medicating in public is not okay.

17. Hey, I was reading through the application forms and on page 3(Criminal History) it's VERY confusing. I had a misdemeanor concerning cannabis when i was about 14 years old. The record has been burned and everything, but would I still have to check yes to any of these questions?

One of them says, "You must include ALL arrests, charges, and convictions in the last 10 years, but not prior to the age of 18, regardless of the
    outcome, even if the charges were dismissed or you were found not guilty"

Then another one doesn't specify the 'prior to 18' part.

:confused:

Any help would be awesome.

18. #78 DV, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011

Do you understand this part, and does it apply to you?

Do you have a written order from a judge about that record?

Personally, I operate on the belief to be honest with the state.
    If you're straight up and feel like you have nothing to hide, it's
    all good. Complete transparency is important to them, whether
    it's employees, owners, contractors...etc...

How they handle minor records...I really don't know. I've never
    been in trouble with the law in any way, so I really couldn't help
    you much except to read everything, be honest, and if you have
    questions...directly contact the MMED yourself. Some of them
    are nice and they try to be helpful down there.

19. I've traveled to a couple states that have MMJ programs an have many friends through out the country that live in MMJ states...when picking a state to live in this was a consideration that I asked many friends for their personal experiences and really choose Colorado as my state because it has a sensible approach to MMJ in my opinion not to strict or to lenient..which will hopefully make Colorado the first state to Legalize Marijuana for use of anyone's over the age of 21. But really any state with MMJ is better then any state that doesn't.. :p

20. Thanks for the quick reply.

No, I haven't received a notice from the judge about the expungence (is that even a word?) of my record. It's been a pretty long time since that happened and they said they would "burn the record" when I turned 19.. So I just assumed they did that. I will contact them and ask them what ever happened to it.. :smoke: