Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

best state for medical cannabis?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mrvaporist, Nov 25, 2011.

1. #41 Vinny Vuckovich, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    I'm a patient of numerous MJ Dispenereris in LA, the SF Valley .... The valley has a lot of them. I've since moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Now, I am weed less. Really sucks. I might be moving again back to LA, but this time a small town outside LA, maybe somewhere near Palm Springs. Any Dispensereries in Palm Springs area?

Chronic hip pain from auto accident 1998.

For economic reasons, I moved to Florida.

I'm a bonified MM patient in Calif.

Thanks

2. I am looking forward to Florida being pro MJ like CO, Calif, etc ...

3. Is San Diego MJ friendly .. ? A lot of dispensers?

Thanks

4. My ideal med state would be Cali just because of the Bay Area. I love big cities and I love public transit. I am a firm advocate against driving high. I'm like Doug Benson in a way because medicating is cool but finding people to drive you around is a pain.

Plus, Cali prices are inflated and the cost of living is super high.

I'd love to be a budtender. I check out new places all the time and more times than not know more than anyone working there. I heard you can't pass the CO mmj background check if you have student loans. Can someone confirm this? yellow bic?

5. i dont have student loans so i dont know.

if they are state loans i could see that possibly being a problem, only cause on the background check it asks if there are any outstanding debts to the state.....i was worried about some red light camera tickets i never paid, but it didnt show up.

school loans i could see as coming up, but i would also think that a student loan is one of the "acceptions"??? i dono tho sorry man.

6. I had a loan and when I was there at the MMED
    the guy sitting next to me got denied because
    of his student loans. I think it was because he
    wasn't making payments on them, late balance...
    whatever. They led him to one of the back rooms,
    and I heard the word "student loan" and he left
    without a badge.

Freaked me out because I did/do have a loan.
    The number one thing they ask for is honesty.
    Don't lie. I marked "yes" and at the bottom of
    that section in the app it says "if you marked
    yes, please explain..." yada yada yada.

I wrote them a letter about the situation with my
    loan (it was in deferment because I was unemployed)
    and I was hoping to begin this job so I could start
    paying it. I walked out with my badge. Absolutely
    no questions asked.

7. Damn I would hate to job hunt and get hired and then realize I cannot pass the background check. I am thinking student loans disqualifies you because I heard it's an IRS check and the IRS is federal like student loans.

8. California is the King of Bud. I guess it is a bit expensive if you plan on moving from somewhere else. I was born into it so it's not a problem at all. The bud is excellent though. Top of the line.

9. Well most places require you to already have
    the badge, or be eligible to get the badge.
    I mean if I passed the IRS checks, it's not
    shit out of luck for everyone who has a loan.

:confused_2:

I think honesty is the best policy with those
    guys. It probably sets them off, like well if
    this person is going to lie on their application,
    what else would they lie about in the future?

Or at least that's how I'd look at it.

10. Well, I was raised in WA, living on one of the northern islands for my childhood, and living in Seattle after turning 18. Yes, there is plenty to do in the area if you're over 21 and have plenty of money and/or easy access to credit. Ferrys get old pretty quick when you take them back and forth for work. Island beauty dulls rather fast when its all you really know. I'm not an outdoorsy person anyways, so the wilderness doesn't call to me. What other ideas do you got?

I've been trying for most of my life to find something to do in this accursed place. While there are shallow events to pass the time constantly through-out the year to cater to the Seattle-fans and people passing through, it hardly is a place to sustain a balanced lifestyle unless you already have a niche carved out for you. People here are flaky, polite, and love to pretend they have depth when they have none. They'll smile to your face, but that's as far as it will usually go (the exception is people from other places that happen to be in Seattle or living there for less than 5 years). It takes immense effort to build a deep friendship in this area and people are so scared of being impolite or not conforming to some norm. It's frustrating. Not to mention the bureaucracy and fucked up law system here!

As someone that has lived here my whole life, I'm moving away the second its possible. Perhaps I'll come back one day, I'm sure WA would be fine for retirement or something. But I bet OR would be better.

11. To qualify for MMED support card, have to have no felonies in past 10 years, and can not be BEHIND in debt to the state, including student loans

12. I knew it

13. well are you behind on your loans or what?

dancing explained it pretty well.

and like i said i had 2 or 3 red light camera tickets that i never paid and i wasnt honest about taht cause i didnt wanna get denied and it didnt pose a problem.

14. Probably cause those red light tickets are bullshit...

15. Vegas would also be bad ass to have your card in but I don't know how strict their policies are regarding mmj

16. I've lived in Seattle my whole life and I still love it here.

17. Yeah... this guy must be stuck in his closet all day to not appreciate the Evergreen State... pretty ignorant if you ask me. Why do you think it was named after the first president of the U.S.? Rhetorical question... i was born in the 509 (tri cities) and lived in the 360 (Mt. Vernon)... but i dont remember any of it as i was a baby haha. I do visit the state just about every year though... i love the Emerald City. :smoke:

Hempfest= holyfuckingshit :cool:

18. I'm certainly not current. I would hate to not tell the truth and eventually lose my job down the road.

19. I doubt that, I mean they have better things
    to worry about than track everyone who has
    a loan. Hahah. If that was the case I would
    have lost my job a month or so ago.