Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

best state for medical cannabis?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mrvaporist, Nov 25, 2011.

1. I've heard Colorado is the best, that's where I plan on going in a couple years. Snowboarding + bitches + dank marijuana = profit

2. what i like about colorado is that my MMJ dreams are playing out here in the state..

i used to want to move to CA and be a budtender and grow and do all that, but literally as those dreams were conceived, colorado had its MMJ boom and things blew up here!

now i get to enjoy the lower cost of living and live out my MMJ dreams as well!

and with the money i save on cost of living, i can just vacation to CA :)

3. Being a budtender is my dream job.

actually, I plan on getting degrees in business and/or botany, and then opening up a dispensary,

but those are just "maybies" right now.

how do you get hired as a budtender? can u apply at dispensaries? do u have to be a patient ( i bet u do, dumb question haha)

also, DENVER HAS BANGIN MESSICAN FOOD. soo many great authentic mexican joints that i love to go to blazed and order a mexican hamburger.

me + MMJ + mexican hamburger = 8==D ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

4. thats not a dumb question, and no you dont have to be a patient, however you do need to pass an EXTENSIVE background check with the state, and you must register with them as a MMJ employee. cant have any felonies within the last ten years, no bad taxes, no outstanding debts to the state, things like that.

you can apply at most places im sure if you just ask, but its been my experience that most people working in dispensaries are either friends of or know the owner/investors. this isnt the case everywhere though!

5. For reals. We do have kick ass jobs, but all jobs
    come with their complications. It's the best job
    out there for sure. Hahah

To answer your question about jobs, you have to
    fill out an application with the state. In a way you
    are employed by the state and the dispensary.

Read thoroughly:
    http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application/pdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1251713985789&ssbinary=true

Ha really funny you say that about the mexican
    food. My co workers/boss are from Boston and
    they never knew what green chile was until they
    moved out here.

:laughing:

6. ^^^ now thats some funny shit!

and ya i never really thought of it, but we are employed kinda by both the state and the dispensary!.....interesting

7. Yeah so where's those state benefits huh?

;)

Maybe one day...technically we do work for the
    MMED too, we enforce regulation every day!
    It all starts with us. :p

You can work for anyone, but you have to be
    licensed by the state to work for anything involving
    the mmj industry.

8. ive never been far away from jersey, and i saw that green chile sauce on almost every food option in the menu.

im like "what is this green shit?" cus ive never seen it b4 in my life... lol

but its delicious. they put it on EVEYTHING. but its ok.

thats real authentic food. here its not like that.

gnite yall.

9. I volunteered to a shop, been one of best experiences of my life. It should soon turn into a paying position, that has also taught me a profitable hobby... I fell into an amazing situation with perks that should last a lifetime...

I am so happy to have grown up in Colorado, and have the ability to make a living inside a industry I truly love...

10. You are not employed by the state, you are licensed by the state.

11. I spent 10 years in Denver and Aurora & loved it. Beautiful, seasons, sports. It's on the top of our list in terms of where we're thinking of moving when we leave here.

12. #32 DV, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
    Yes...and no.

The fact that you have to apply to the state and
    not even the dispensary...there was no app for the
    dispensary, means I am employed by the state. I
    wouldn't be working if not for the state.

Not to mention all the compliance shit that we do.
    If the MMED thinks they handle all the regulation
    on their own...they're full of shit. All they do is
    fill out paperwork. We follow all state guidelines,
    we're the ones who technically enforce all their BS
    rules, we essentially do their job for them! It's a joke!

So no, I believe I am an employee of the state, and
    the dispensary, and I should be rewarded just like any
    other state employee. We're the ones doing all the
    grunt work, and we report directly to the state about
    everything. All they do is, approve shit, deny shit, or
    ignore shit.

(Ha I didn't even interview with the dispensary, I was
    interviewed by the state officials at the MMED. Ha what
    a weird day that was, full of denials and thugs...but I'm
    good. Hahah.)

13. #33 Husky42, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
    How the hell can you hate it here?

Having lived in Kansas, Colorado, California, Oregon, Idaho and Utah.

If i were to simply choose a state and ignore their MMJ laws Oregon would win hands down every single time.

Oregon is the best state in the nation IMO. Even if I do not live there.

But as far as hating washington and seattle i just do not get that, unless your an incredibly lazy personthen you should be enjoying it up here with ease.

There is SOOOO much to do year round, the Pacific northwest in general is pretty damn great.

Seriously.. you do all the trails? Hit the ferry and enjoy the islands during the summer. Mt Rainier, and the hundreds of other activities and areas a stones throw from your back door?

14. Maybe this answer will sum things up for you. Ive lived in Oregon all my life, i am currently not a medical marijuana patient but i have smoked many medical strains in my lifetime. Consider the fact that Oregon and California have ideal places to grow and amazing natural soil. Oregon is filled with green, whether its trees, bushes or our amazing medicinal plant Marijuana. So we are already a green state, and have amazing bud. Even if you buy from the nasty meth head down the street in Oregon, they still have pretty damn good bud LOL. Hope i could help out a little and throw some humor into the post for all the high kids! =p lol have fun everyone!

15. I've never been to WA but I am hoping to be moving there next year. I love the outdoors and want to get into to some hardcore fly fishing, hiking, camping, music, and growing. Most people don't realize much about their home State until they move away. Olympic national park alone looks amazing! I bet Seattle still has a kick as music scene.

I've been to Southern Oregon and what I saw was beautiful. From Northern California and up was gorgeous. Oregon is where my wife and I want to buy a house in the future though.

16. thats nuts, California has a bigger population than the entire country of canada :p

17. #37 DV, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
    That's what the U.S. Census Bureau is reporting.

2010 Demographic Profile

:confused_2:

I don't think I'm reading it wrong...
    *tries to open high eyes*

:laughing:

I would think there'd be more Canadians,
    ha but I wouldn't know! Totally insane.

LOLOL.

edit:

I'd hope there'd be more Canadians than
    Californians. Aw dude....hahhah.

18. Both Colorado and California have their ups and downs. If you like the beach life, surfing, warm weather, relaxed people this place is packed. Although the prices down south costs of living are high, up North they're more reasonable. Colorado has sick snowboarding season, but so does Tahoe. But their winter lasts a little bit longer. I like Colorado beautiful views of nature, which in north California you get to see, but if you move south its more desert/ palm tree feeling. Far as medical cannabis goes, both states have great buds, but in the end California is further a long in the concentrates department. When it comes down to bud tending here, you need your recommendation. I got no hate for either state, but personal preference would be California if you got cash, or Colorado if you're just trying to start up life.

19. WA-OR-MT are better :smoke:

And CO is better than CA for sure. CA is overrated.

20. Colorado definatley.
    or California
    BUT GO UP NORTH!!!!!!!