Best Soil?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Classy, Aug 3, 2011.

1. hey everyone, i joined to learn how to grow.

i would like to know the best yet cheap soil to grow...?

I will be growing in a a box with led lights and most likely in a small cup until it gets bigger. My friend has some good seeds and he is going to give me a bunch of bag seeds.

i am only growing 1 plant for right now.

thanks!

2. fox farm ocean forest

3. Google grow stores or hydro stores in your area. They will have a good selection. Each store usually has a pro mix, black gold, fox farms etc. You should be good with any of those. I like fox farms personally. My favorite soil is masters pride, but that's a local company. Just DON'T GET MIRACLE GROW. I know it looks cheap, but the bags are smaller so it comes out to about the same price as a quality soil. Get some happy frog from fox farms and your won't be upset. It's $14 a bag where I am for the big 2 cubic ft bags.

4. damn, thanks for the replys everyone! ahaha

but, i am only growing one plant so i wont need to much soil.

would you reccomend hydroponics for me?

I am growing it in my desk which is big, in a box, with led lights and tin foil.

my parents will not find out. :smoke:

5. If this is your first grow, I wouldn't start with hydro, just because it's so much more complicated and there is enough to learn with just a regular soil grow. After a couple grows, then I might move up to hydro. I'm happy growing in soil myself. But don't let me detour you if you have the mechanical brain and time to invest in hydro. It's just not for me. I'm more the mother nature soil type. Anyway, if you get the happy from or ocean forest, you could always save the extra soil for next time. I still think it's worth spending the extra money before using something like MG. The quality and quantity of bud you get will make it worth while.

6. Listen to the man. If i could find any of those soils around where i am, i would have never touch MG. it works but not well and trys to burn your plants up.

7. SUNSHINE #4 aDVANCE soIL IS THE BEST

8. Most things that say advanced or pro mix will be good options.

9. Thanks for the reply.

My friend does hydroponics but he has been doing it for a long time.

so i will stick with soil.

Ill check out some soils.

does anybody know where to get cheap low rider seeds?

10. The place that seems to have the best price on seed VS. quality is attitudes seed bank. Good luck.:wave: