Best Soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jwnz8706, Oct 1, 2007.

1. What is the best soil for plants? I dont have a ph meter and I probably wont get one anytime soon, I have my plants in miracle grow and i think they're getting nute burn and they are in shock, growing very slowly. What kind of soil should I put them in?

2. Any organic potting soil that does not have added ferts should do just fine.

You probably want to get them out of that MG, and you probably do want to be getting a pH meter sometime soon -- if you want a successful grow anytime soon, that is.

3. True, My tap water's PH was 8.0, and I didn't even know until about 2 weeks in. Slower growth, but i've fixed it since then. Now they're doing a lot better.

I bought a cheap milwakee pen for 30 and it's helped tremendously. I do have to calibrate it every time I check ph though, because it sucks at holding it's calibration.

However, if I you get good soil that has an appropriate ph, and you water with distilled water, or any water with a neutral ph, you'll be good until you start fertilizing.